"yeah, i'm fine." i lie, shrugging my shoulders.

i'm not fine. i'm confused and uncomfortable with the situation. jack's girlfriend's here for god's sake and making herself comfy on him. i try to relax, but right now, i have no idea what to do or say.

i just watch as everyone gets along like they've known each other their whole lives. this is totally awkward for me.

"why don't you say we ditch-"

"and bake cookies and box?" i grin at liam, finishing his sentence.

"bassi, you never told me you had a girlfriend." chanel approaches us with sam staring at her like a lovesick puppy.

i suggest he closes his mouth before he realizes what he's doing and gets embarrassed. that may be a little too late now though because i already saw him stare at her as if she's the only girl in the world.

but didn't he say he just wanted to have sex with her? why does he look like a man who's been in a relationship for five years and isn't sick of his girlfriend?

liam's eyes widen, panicking and answering her abrupt question, "she's-"

"we've been keeping it on the down low." i blurt, saving him.

this is going to bite me back in the ass sooner or later. i quickly clasp our hands together and lift his hand up to my lips, pecking it. she smiles at us, genuinely happy.

"i'm happy for you, liam." she softly tells us. "i'm glad that you're not still hung up on-"

"chanel, stop." he cuts her off and i look at him.

he clenches his jaw and a pained expression takes over his face. i tilt my head because i'm curious, but i keep my mouth shut not wanting to probe and upset him.

"i'm sorry." she apologizes.

chanel swiftly turns on her feet and takes a seat next to sam. the air is definitely getting thick in here. with the affairs and liam's- now odd- behavior. i don't want to think much of it and stress myself.

he'll share it when he's comfortable and ready.

"so, what do you say about my offer on making cookies?" i question, wanting to lighten up his spirit.

"i say, why the hell not?" he responds and that million dollar smile is on his face once again.

before we are able to leave, chanel pulls me aside and i grow scared. i just hope she doesn't turn bitchy and threaten me.

"when i say that i'm really happy for liam, i mean it." she emphasizes and i tilt my head.

"where is this going..."

"his previous girlfriend, she died in a shooting."

my eyes widen, "but he seems so-"

"forthcoming to women? i know. he thinks that getting in between girls' legs will help ease the pain but i just think it makes things worse."

"i would agree."

"i know that we just met, but i can tell you make him happy." she gives me a brief smile.

"how long has it been since, you know." i quietly ask, not wanting to hit a nerve and sound nosy.

"about close to two years now. last time i saw him, he was devastated. that was only a few months ago, too."

i nod my head, taking in her words. liam comes up to be someone who's not hurt and is completely fine. he could just be masking it all.

"and before you ask, no. i've never slept with liam." she laughs incredulous.