twelve

of course, when they were doing their thing, i left faster than lightening. i didn't want to be a buzzkill because that would only get me killed. i silently gasp, fleeing down the steps.

i need to keep my mouth shut and not say anything about what i just saw. if sam were to find out, the secret would fly around quicker than the plague.

"liam!" i scold and he looks up at me with his knees on the floor. "don't touch the glass."

"i'm not. i'm sweeping up the glass." he informs me and i rush over to where he is.

"you need to pick up the pieces with a damp towel." i instruct.

liam nods his head, "yes, ma'am."

i let him do it on his own while i register what's going on upstairs. i don't even want to think about it at the moment. it isn't situ too well with me and i feel nauseous.

jack with someone else on its own doesn't sit well with me and now i sound like a jealous, clingy girlfriend. i statement to push the thoughts aside and pay attention to liam.

"can you find me a bandaid?" he asks.

i suddenly panic, "what? why? what happened? are you hurt?"

my eyes alert as i look at him still wiping pieces of glass up from the floor. that bowl must've been expensive and fragile because of how many little bits it shattered into.

he chuckles, "relax, i just cut my finger."

"are you okay?"

"i'm a big boy that just needs a bandaid." he responds.

now is not the time for his witty remarks. i actually thought he was hurt and i got scared. i'm not good at giving stitches.

"i don't know where anything is in this house." i pathetically whimper.

"the first aid kit is under the sink in every bathroom."

"and where would the bathroom be?" i raise an eyebrow.

he smiles, "i'll go get one."

he gets up on his feet, but i stand in front of him, stopping him. i open my mouth to answer his unasked question.

"i want to get it. i want to take care of you." i say. "where's the bathroom?"

there are probably at least seven in this giant house. i just haven't been in any except for the one in jack's room. i know that one very, very well.

"i'm bleeding to death, woman."

"so dramatic. fine, go get it."

"don't touch the glass." he demands as he retreats to the bathroom.

wouldn't someone like him have more common sense when it comes to glass? or maybe he's only highly educated in the weapons category. i look down at the wooden floor and it's mostly cleaned up.

from the corner of my eye, i see someone and perk up immediately. sam most likely doesn't like talking to me, but i don't care.