- chapter 4 -

Chapter 4

Bailey Humphreys

"He's a jerk, that's what he is." I said, letting all the venom drip in my tone. I took off my coffee-stained crop top, and pulled a white t-shirt from my suitcase and put it on.

Quick summary for those confused:

So we were walking down the halls of Fueled headquarters after the meeting, when a very snarky Tyler Joseph came and bumped me, spilling his cup of coffee on me.

At least it wasn't that hot.

"He didn't mean to bump into you." James said, collapsing onto Tom's bed, making Tom groan. "I think."

"He didn't even apologize," I told them. I kicked off my boots and sat on my bed.

So soft. The mattresses of this hotel must have been created by angels themselves.

"I don't like him too much, either." Tom agreed. "He seems so unpleasant."

I shook my head. "He doesn't seem like it. He is unpleasant." I layed down, and a yawn escaped from my lips.

Huh. It was only 2 in the afternoon and I was already dead tired.

"But we can't really judge Tyler." Matt said. He was lying on his mattress on the floor. "We've only met the lad once."

"He purposefully spilled coffee on me, but that's okay, right?" I said sarcastically.

"He didn't..." James had started to protest, but by his third word, I had already fallen in  a deep sleep.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

Who dares disturb me from my sleep?

I hear voices inside the room, but I
don’t open my eyes just yet. Maybe if I ignore them, they’ll go away.

“Bailey, it’s time to wake up!” Tom yelled from the other end of the room.

I groan, turning and covering the side of my head with a pillow.

“You have to wake up, or we’re going to have to leave you.” Matt’s voice rings in my ears as he continues to poke me.

Leave? I didn’t recall us making plans to go anywhere today.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

It was slowly getting annoying.

I move further to the side of the bed in an attempt to get away from Matt’s annoying fingers, but I unknowingly move too far…and crash into the ground.

It was cold and hard. (Taylor Swift, please don’t sue me.)

I sat up, rubbing my sore head, and finally opened my eyes, only to meet 3 laughing boys.

“Stop making noise. You’re giving me a massive headache,” I muttered groggily, but they continue.

Matt recovers from his laughing fit first and helps me up. “Go get ready, we’re going to wait in the living room.”

I nodded while I rubbed the sleep off my eyes. “Okay, I’m just going to take a shower –”

“No time for showers.” Matt said. Tom and James leave the room together, slinging a bag each over their shoulders. “They’ve been waiting for half an hour already.”

I pout, but comply. Before I close the door to the conjoined bathroom, Matt tells me to pack enough clothes for a night.

“What? Where are we going?” I asked.