Chapter 5: And Down She Goes!

Start from the beginning

Her face was planted into the floor, her legs spread out, curving at the knees to point upwards. And both of her arms were underneath her body.

Maka, Soul and I tried to hold in our laugher. But in the end, we all failed miserably.

I wiped a year from my eye. "Are you okay Jenn?" I asked in-between giggles.

She just held up her hand as if to say "hold that thought", and awkwardly stood up. A bewildered expression on her face; her glasses slanted from the top corner of her head to the opposite bottom corner.

"Are you okay?" I asked again.

She just fixed her glasses, nodded and inaudibly chuckled. She looked down to see a part of her bandages were loose and showing her ankle.

She quickly tightened them, not wanting Soul or Maka to see her scars. Maka looked as if she had just remembered something.

"So, are you sure about the whole "falling out of trees" thing? Because you do wear an awful lot of bandages..." She pointed out.

Not this again... "Well, yes and no. Buuuuuut~!" I looked for an excuse out of this situation.

I saw the clock. "We'll tell you later! We gotta get to the Academy!" I dashed out the door.

"Weird..." Maka stated, but then ran after me. As did Jennicah and Soul.

Us four rushed to the DWMA, basically dashing into the classroom right when the bell rang. That was close... Soul and Maka went to sit down in their regular seats as me and Jennicah sat in the back again.

Once the class had been waiting for a good 10 minutes, the faint sound of rolling wheels could be heard. Professor Stein flew in through the door, but fell due to tripping over the bottom of the door-frame.

"Is he ever going to stop doing that?" I whispered to Jennicah.

She just smiled with a laugh written on her face, of course, no sound peeped from her mouth. I felt bad for her... It sounded like it hurt a lot when she lost her voice. And I don't even understand the beginning of not being able to talk... She must be miserable...

But she seems to be becoming happier ever sense we joined the DWMA. So at least we have a little hope of finding true pleasure in the world.

"Sorry I'm late," Stein started. "I was at a meeting with Lord Death. Now, we are going to have a Major Test in a few weeks, and it's worth 80% of your grade,"

Everyone in the room groaned, except for Jennicah, Maka and I. I personally don't mind tests, it's just a pain when you have to take your personal time out of school to study for it. And even when they do study, some people still fail.

Questions were asked about the subject of the test. But Stein would just answer with, "You'll find out when you take the test". Some help he was... Guess I'll just study everything that's gone on in class. I mean, not that I need to... I've watched the whole series, so I basically know everything I need to know.

Professor Stein went through a few things about Witches and their "Soul Protect" ability. And how they can turn it off and on whenever they please. It's a pain to have to deal with that. Melaina could just prance on in here and do what ever the hell she wants to!

Of course sense she's a very well-known Witch, it'd be hard for her to get past Lord Death. They go way back. Way before Asura turned on him and became a Kishin. Yeah, a very long time ago...

After class was over and students were dismissed for lunch, Jennicah and I just walked outside the school and sat down on a bench near the Academy. We were enjoying a nice little chat with each other, until four rebellious-looking students stood in front of us.

"Well, if it isn't The Mute and her Dingbat[1] of a Meister?" The presumably "Leader" stated, smirk painted onto his face.

Jennicah and I just held a straight face that said, 'Did you seriously just say that?'

We held that expression until one of the girls in the group punched me in the stomach. I flinched in pain, but stood up anyways. "Did you really just do that?"

Jennicah stood up beside me. I gave her a hand sign, and she just nodded. And she was soon surrounded by the familiar blue light. She transformed into a green and purple Scythe, as I gripped her in one hand.

Except she wasn't a normal looking Scythe, like Soul; her blade was normal, but the bottom of her handle had another blade at the bottom on the opposite side. To be honest, it was a lot more fun swinging this kind of Weapon around..!

I took a battle stance, and the group of teens just grew a look of pure shock and worry. But none-the-less, the two girls transformed and the boys griped them.

The Leader had a Chain-Scythe, kind of like BlackStar's. And the other boy held a pair of Kusarigama-Nunchucks.

This is gonna get interesting..!

AH CRAP!!! Whyyyyyyy did I start this fiiiiiigggghhhhttttt??? I suck at writing fight scenes... But, it is Soul Eater, so I knew it was going to happen at some point... Right? Anway, thanks for reading! Sayonara!!

Dingbat: A stupid or eccentric person