Chapter 9

(Wolf's P.O.V.)

Once I was away from the dead predator I slowed down, man wish I could of saved him but of course the young tend to provoke things they don't understand. Walking I hear two voices I knew it was Lex and Sebastian, finally it's about time I found them. They got pretty far away from the battle must have ran all the way here. I walk to them not even making a sound which maybe I should have sense I practically just gave them both a heart attack. Then again there's no fun in warning them before I get here, after all this is good practice for them. You know just in case we get separated from each other again while in this death trap of a pyramid.

"Lex, Sebastian good thing you guys are still alive, I was afraid that the aliens got you" I said with a grin. Lex with a hand on her chest " Luna-Okami ! don't do that I nearly had a hear attack" before I could say something back Sebastian intervenes " Please both of you quiet the hunter is in the room next to us, if he finds the way Wolf came through then we are dead." Then a roar comes from the room next to us, I look through the small hole in the wall. I see the predator and I've got to say he looks strong, smart, skilled, ho- NO!, no Wolf don't go there. You've already had your heart broken once long ago there's no need to relive the pain again. Because of you your mate was killed, because of me he died I wasn't strong enough to save him I was weak.

This time things are going to be different this time I shall not love, I shall not fall to the emotional weakness that tries to escape me. No I will not allow myself the happiness that others get to have, I will forever be alone like I was meant too. Even though it's saddening I must not fall in love for this world is only temporary, the people who live now only temporary, me being in this world is temporary. Once this mission is done I-I have no choice but to go away I know that Lex will be saddened but she will forget about me eventually. I'm going to miss her but I have no choice I can't stay in this dimension, for if I do then eventually people will find out about my kind. The humans in this dimension aren't ready to know about what's out there in the darkness.

The mortals are barley ready for these predators, this is why I must leave to a different dimension I know that one day I'll return but I don't know when that will be. Besides I'm still looking for that one dimension to call home, after all I am pretty much the only and last of my kind. I mean I'm still looking for my family my father, mother, brother and sister. They're out there somewhere I just know it.So I'm sorry Lex but it looks like we wont be able to stay together forever like we planned. After all Lex you found out that I wasn't normal but never found out what I am, for if you do Lex I'm afraid you'll have to forget everything.

Forgive me my friend but this is our last adventure together for a really long time maybe even forever.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Lex's P.O.V.)

Wolf finally catches up with us after I tell her not to frighten me like that again, she goes to the hole in the wall. I see a far away look in her eyes like she was remembering something sad then it turned to determination. I don't know why she had that determined look in her eyes but that look turned once again to a look of sadness, realization, and hope.

I don't know what was up but I plan on finding out what's wrong but for right now we have to concentrate on getting out of here alive. It's a good thing we have that weapon as a peace offering now all we have to do is wait for the pyramid to shift once more and we'll give him his gun back. I just worry about Wolf she never had that look on her face. No matter I'll ask her after we survive this nightmare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Normal P.O.V)

Wolf, Lex and Sebastian wait for the pyramid to shift Sebastian's watch goes off but the way to where the predator is stays close. On the other side of the room a passage opens up "Let's go find our friend" Lex says with a determined look in here eyes. The small group runs into the passage in hopes of finding the predator, once in the passage the wall slides back into place.

The group after a while of walking around runs straight into trouble, they run away form the aliens but meet a dead end. The bridge is destroyed the only way to survive and get away from the aliens is to jump to the other side. The first one to go is Sebastian after a little bit of hesitation Lex goes next, Wolf stays behind and fights off the aliens waiting for Lex to get to the other side. Lex makes it but barely, Wolf looks to see that she is hanging off the side of the bridge. Sebastian quickly tries to pull her up but is taken away by the aliens. Wolf runs and jumps over the gap, by that time Lex already pulled herself up and was looking for Sebastian.

"Lex it's too late for him we have to keep moving, he's dead now they're going to turn him into a vesicle for the eggs" Wolf said with no emotion in her voice. Lex turns fast to face Wolf, "How can you say that without a care Wolf? How do you know it's too late?? How can we just leave him behind???" Wolf looks away then back into Lex's eyes "You know that's not what I meant of course I care."

Lex looks to Wolf then sighs "Sorry Wolf it's just you said it so emotionless  I just- sorry" "It's fine I'm use to it, I tend to hide my emotions at times." "Now lets go find the predator and end this nightmare before anymore of those aliens show up." Lex nods and both head out in search of the predator, when they found him or more like he found them the aliens were attacking them. Lex was trying to fight off this one alien that had jumped at her. Wolf was standing fighting like she did but kept her other side at bay which wasn't so easy with it being a full moon out to night.

The predator was stabbing and throwing the aliens away from him like it was nothing finally Lex managed to slide the gun to him. The gun is then used and the aliens don't really stand a chance then a hiss like sound is heard the aliens leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Wolf's P.O.V.)

Well that was weird the aliens normally don't retreat, it must be the queen that ordered them to, the queen must be trying to get free. I look to Lex and she was trying to stop the predator from leaving us behind, well the predator turns fast and Lex backs up in fear a bit. I move in front of her and the predator looks me up and down I know he was sizing me up. He looks into my eyes and I make sure he sees them flash red quickly.

He looks to Lex then to the alien on the floor, he looks to me and then to the aliens on the floor where I once stood. He makes a spear for Lex along with a shield then we leave to get rid of the aliens.

-------------------------------------======================================----------------------------------

Well my readers that's the end of this chap so see you in the next one. Oh and sorry about not updating for a while. So I'll try to update more often but no promises after all I've got school an another story that I'm working on.

So long my dear readers

;)