Jacob Frye x Reader

(A/N)

The teacher who looks like Henry Green is still at my school, he's actually gorgeous tbh, I wish he wasn't so much older than me oOPS

Thanks for all the support by the way, almost 10k reads whattttt

-

You peeled back the covers of the bed, your legs meeting the cold air. You looked behind your other half, the blankets still wrapped tight around him. Your hand reached out and tousled his hair, his lips turning into a small smile. Pushing yourself up from the mattress, you felt a hand grip your wrist.

"Stay," He groaned, using all his strength to pull you back. Looking behind again, you saw his pleading eyes meeting yours.

"I can't, Jacob," You frowned, trying to pry his grip from you

"I think I'm getting sick, love," He murmured, clearing his throat in the middle of his sentence. Your free hand reached over and caressed his chin in an attempt to sympathise.

"I can't stay in bed, but I'll be in here with you," You suggested, feeling his grip loosen. Standing up, you grabbed the rest of the cover and pulled it back over, trying to make Jacob comfortable.

You grabbed your robes from the chair in the corner of the room and started to put them on. A throat clearing behind you threw you off guard, making you turn to face Jacob again.

"Oh, don't mind me! Just enjoying the view," A quiet snigger escaped his lips, breaking into a fit of coughs after. You shook your head and carried on getting dressed.

Upon the desk lay your weapons, emerged in piles and piles of paper. You took your cane and placed it on the inside of your robes, slotting the revolver in your belt afterwards.

"You said you wern't going anywhere," Jacob complained, sitting up and crossing his arms.

"I'm not, I'm wearing these for protection," You smiled, walking over to him and sitting him down.

"I don't need you to fuss over me all day (Y/N)," He smirked, sniffing, then sneezing into his hands. You grabbed the tissues from the bedside table with a laugh, "Don't laugh (Y/N), it's not funny!"

"All those times you laughed at me when I was ill, think of it as payback, Frye," You grinned, walking to the door.

"Hang on a minute, where are you going?" Jacob complained, craning his neck to take a look

"You want medicine, don't you?" You grinned, walking out.

-A few minutes later-

You walked through the door to Jacob's room, the bottle of medicine in your hands.

"About time," He moaned, motioning you to bring the bottle over

"Oh no, I'm the one giving you the medicine, mister," You told, holding your hand up in the air so he couldn't reach it.

"Give it here then," He sighed, sitting up. You turned over the bottle and shook it, reading the directions with care. Your hand grasped the cork and pulled it off.

"Right, go careful. Two big gulps every hour should do," You handed over the bottle and watched him with concern. He brought the bottle to his lips and took a drink, his face screwing up with disgust.

"What the hell is this?" He moved the bottle further away from him as if to get a better look.

"It's cold medicine, drink up!" You urged him on, bringing the bottle to his lips again. With one hand he pinched his nose, and with the other he held the bottle. Taking another drink, he winced and prepared to down the disgusting substance.

"Take it off me, get it away," He shoved it back into your grip, almost spilling its contents over the floor. You pushed the cork back into the top and set it down on the desk. Walking over t0 the bed again, you sat down on the side and looked at Jacob, who looked rather betrayed.

"Don't look at me like that, Frye," You gave a breathy laugh

"How couldn't I? That tasted like shit!" He yelled, crossing his arms

"Has it helped, though?" You asked, shooting him a knowing glance

"Not in the tiniest,"

"Well give it time then!"

"I want to get better now though!"

"I hate you, sometimes," You sighed, running a hand through your hair

"No you don't," He shuffled over and rested his head on your arm, coughing in the process.