Shay Cormac x Reader

(A/N)

ayyy im still trying to revise for science (kill me lmao) but im writing anyway because im missing shay so enjoY

i AM SO PISSED I WAS MEANt to be getting Melanie Martinez tickets but they all sold out like the only ones i can get are like £40 each like piSS OFF

(btw if you want any of my social media, check a few chapters back, it's been updated with links now so its easier + quicker to have a cheeky follow lmao)

((reader is referred to as Miss in this, i didn't know what to call it, so sorry if you do not identify as a girl, please change it to something you are more comfortable with))

(((shit ending as always OOPS)))

-

Shay tucked a stray strand of hair behind your ear, you were leant up against his chest. The steady sway of The Morrigan gently lulled you to sleep, even though you were stood up. You were both stood in the captain's cabin. Not because you were trying to hide your relationship, but because you didn't feel comfortable telling others. Plus, it would give the Assassins something to hold against the both of you. 

"I think we should go out there now," Shay gently held you at a small distance and looked down at you

"You know what they're going to say," You sighed and buried your head into his chest again.

"We'll just have to ignore it, like we always do," He gave you one last hug before letting you go.

You walked up to the doors and opened them, letting the icy cool air hit your face. You looked over your shoulder to see Shay right behind you with an encouraging grin on his face. You walked out slowly, keeping and eye out for anyone who might ridicule you. 

"(Y/N)," You turned to see the Grandmaster himself, Haytham Kenway, at your side

"Master Kenway," You greet, giving a small nod of the head

"I must say, I think I overheard Shay talking about you the other day," He gave a small knowing smirk at you - you knew exactly where this was going and internally rolled your eyes.

"What was he saying this time?" You asked, trying not to let an exasperated tone escape your lips

"He was saying rather nice things, I must say," He looked out into the distance and fixed his hat.

"If this is an attempt to make me court Shay, I'm going to have to decline," You shook your head and started to walk away before you accidentally blew the cover

"What do you mean?" Haytham stepped after you, "I'm just asking you to think about it,"

"I have thought about it," You turned around to look at the Grandmaster, "No!"

"He sounds like he's very much in love with you, though!" He shouted after you, watching you walk away. 

You climbed up the stairs to the helm of the ship where Gist, the quartermaster, was lightly steering the ship, trying to keep it on track.

"Ahh, Miss (Y/N)!" He turned his head to you, acknowledging your presence, "How are we?"

"I'm fine," You silently breathed a sigh of relief, you were pleased that he wasn't steering the conversation towards Shay, "How about you?"

He took one hand off the wheel and used it to fix a button on his shirt, "I'm well,"

The both of you stood in a comfortable silence together, the sound of the sea filling your ears. That was, until he started up another conversation.

"What do you think about Shay, (Y/N)?" He piped up again, turning to look at you again.

You let out a rather irritated sigh before saying, "He's a nice person, but before you ask, no I will not think about courting him," 

"How on Earth did you know I was going to ask that?" He seemed bewildered, looking at you in shock

"Everyone's been asking me about Shay for months, I'm getting rather sick of it," You let out a slow breath and looked ahead, out into the open sea.

"It's only because he's always talking about you," He chuckled and looked ahead.

"I understand that, but why must everyone assume I feel the same way?" 

"(Y/N), it's rather quite obvious that you do," He gave a hearty laugh, "All we are asking you to do is think-"

"We already are courting, we have been for months now," You said, rather loudly. The whole ship, including Shay, went silent. All that could be heard was the waves rolling on the vessel.

The silence lasted for a short while until Shay erupted into a fit of laughter.

"What do you find so funny, Cormac?" You squinted at him, watching him double over in giggles

"You," He answered, taking a deep breath, before laughing again

"Were you not getting annoyed by it?" You questioned, your patience wearing thin

"Unlike you, I ignored them," He started to regain his composure, standing up, but supporting his weight on his left knee.

"All this time," Haytham sauntered over to Shay, "And you didn't even tell us,"

"We didn't want to give you something else to tease us for," You answered, watching Haytham walk over to him, his cape flying over his shoulder in the wind.