Chapter 6

Chapter 6

He looks at her in shock, d-did she really just say that? Could that mean that she...likes him? That she might love him? He turns his wedding ring, he can't just forget about Angela, she was his world. Is it fair to cast her aside and let this angry princess into his life? He thinks about his life and what he's been doing with it. The isolation, the self hate, the guilt that eats away at him. He doesn't want Lisbon to see that. Oh wait, she already does.

She glares him down and grins. He knows that look that's the I-know-you-can't-do-it look.

"I'm waiting."

An angry princess and a thief. Could that really work out?

She's expecting him to run away but to her surprise he wraps one arm around her waist and lifting her chin he kisses her lips, twice. She looks shocked, he can feel her heart pounding in her chest. Or is that his?

"Um...I need to..."

Why is it so hard to think? He lets go of her and takes a few steps back.

"I...there's...a-another suspect...that could be Red John and..."

And then he ran away leaving her standing dumbstruck in the middle of the park.

•••••••••••••

Alright so I know it's short but you have to trust me this was the Perfect stopping point! And yes the next chapter will be longer. (Mwah ha ha ha the drama continues!!)