Chapter Thirty Two - Roads

I emerged from Paul's office slowly pulling the door shut behind me. Trying to grasp everything that just transpired. I was just given an ultimatum. My career was at stake. Then on the other hand, there was Dean. The guy who had taken the last year of my life by storm and who had the ability to drown me in hell & high waters. Should I choose to take Heyman's deal and simply declare Cena the winner at the Royal Rumble.

Seemed much easier said than done. After all, I hated Paul. I didn't like John much. And Dean did earn that title. I know what it's like to strive for something and have it taken from you time and time again.

I've felt the pain. Which is the only reason why I had sympathy for Ambrose.

On second thought, however, it seemed like I really shouldn't give a damn about the guy that single handedly turned my life upside down.

Like it or not, I only had an hour to make a decision that could change the course of my entire career and life. Pacing, I decided was the best way to clear my mind.

After I got my black eye concealed with makeup from Stacy, I got dressed in a fitted T shirt with my design, black jeans and curled my hair. Putting on my spiked bracelets, I found one that Punk had given me from a concert. Staring at it for a few moments in silence, I reluctantly slipped it on with the others. Tracing the gold thorns with my fingertips.

Drifting into a daydream. One where I could stare into those eyes and feel safe. As if I was immune to anything. The satisfying feeling of having someone who put their feelings into a relationship as much as you did.

"Knock, knock." Melissa's light voice broke into my thoughts. I spun to see her in low waisted white spandex shorts and a red dazzled bra with matching ring boots.

"Woah, is that...ring gear?" I shook my head and she nodded with a giddy smile.

"I'm an official WWE Diva!" She jumped up and down. I laughed and gripped her shoulders so she could stop.

"Don't be a target by acting like a five year old," I warned and her face went serious.

"Right,"

I removed my hands and looked her over. "Kick ass gear though."

"Gracias!" She bowed and spin kicked the air. "I've been training since my match with Tamina."

"With who?"

"Sara Del Rey and Layla." She shrugged and gave me a swift fake punch. "I feel powerful."

"I bet you do," I raised an eyebrow. "But remember wrestling is about strategy not power, young grasshopper."

"Well I'll get to test that theory in a few minutes when I square up against Eva Marie."

Paul was wasting zero time giving her some work. Although Eva was new, you could practically say she was the third Bella Twin and I knew she wouldn't be in that ring alone.

"I'll be accompanying you," I slapped her shoulder.

"Great," She sighed. "Because AJ is on commentary, Paul told me you need 'heat' for the feud anyways." she used air quotes and I laughed.

"I'm aware."

I turned to see Roman along with Seth coming in the room checking out Melissa from behind.

"Hey guys," I said sharply to make them aware I was watching what they were doing.

I had to hold in a laugh as Seth immediately tore his eyes away and shook himself from his daydream.

Melissa turned around with a giddy smile. "Tada!"

"So you're a...stripper now?" Seth teased and she slapped his arms.

"No asshole, I'm a diva." She lifted her foot. "Check out the ring boots."

"Nice." he squeezed the tip and she let it fall back on the floor.

"Congratulations, beautiful." Roman finally spoke and Seth and I gave him a look.

"Graci," She smiled. "At least someone is happy for me."

"I'm estatic for you," I slipped on my key ring. "It's just you're competition now."

"Well we're still friends, right?" She gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Of course,"

"Good!"

"So what's your gimmick?" Roman folded his arms.

"I don't know," She shrugged. "Maybe I could be in your justice league thingy."

"It's not a justice league." Seth said bitterly. "It's a Shield from injustice. We're enforcers not Marvel Comics."

I laughed. "Calm down, there Seth."

"He's just upset because we don't have a match tonight." Roman narrowed his eyes.

"We have to do security for a contract signing." he rolled his eyes. "Kind of annoying. I wanted some action."

"Then flip the damn table over." I shrugged.

Melissa laughed. "I'll leave you guys to your convo." she gently touched Roman's arm and the warm look in his eyes made me raise an eyebrow. "Catch up with you later," she smiled and left the room with his eyes following her.

Seth and I looked at eachother. Apparently he saw it too.

"She's gorgeous," Roman sighed.

"She's taken." I countered and Seth nodded. I had never seen Roman look, well smitten with someone before. Admirably it was adorable.

"I thought Randy and her were done."

"You know how many times they break up and get back together?" Seth folded his arms. "As much as Punk changes his hair."

I laughed at that one. Even though I didn't really want to hear the mention of his name. But it did remind me of something that I had to take care of.

"I'll see you guys later," I nodded.

"Yeah Paul told you may or may not be down there tonight." Seth said and I froze thinking they may actually know about the proposition.

"I may." I shrugged and spedwalked out the room.

I strolled across the parking lot. I knew he was here. Especially when I saw his tour bus sitting among others. A lone light on in the back where his room was located.

I approached with hesitance. Really not wanting to confront the issue that I'd been avoiding for a while now. However, I knew that if I didn't, I'd go on wondering for the rest of my life what could've happened.

I demanded my feet to move and they abided slowly. Very slowly as if I was walking to my death sentence. My heart was pounding but my hands were shaking. It's like I was nervous but anxious at the same time.

Suddenly, as I was a few feet away, I saw the door open. In the dark, I could see red hair. Strands blowing against the wind and a feminine figure stroll down the steps and spin around to look towards the door. Just as I saw gym shoes come down, with them, a masculine figure came into view. With what I could recognize as a hoodie.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

The guy slowly pushed the door behind him and the girl fell into his arms playfully. I could see his smile in the dark and hear the faint laughter. His hands gently tangled in her red hair, stopping midway to twirl one before proceeding to ruffle it.

She gripped the sides of his hoodie and I heard laughing again. Seeing it moreso than hearing. He...he was happy. Without me. As if I thought he couldn't be.

Silly of me.

I should really just leave, I told myself mentally. Because this right here, hurt more than anything Dean had ever done to me.
Emotional pain was the worst kind. It was a sense of torture to my heart.

The final blow was when he tilted her head down and gently pecked her forehead. Before wrapping her into a warm embrace. As if she was the only one that would ever matter.

I fought against the tears that were forming and ignored the stabbing pain in my chest. She walked the opposite way from the arena and he turned towards me. Finally seeing me and tilting his head.

Like a coward, I simply turned around and ran back into the building.

--

I kept running and burst right into Randy's room. Finding Melissa on his lap while they engaged in very light soft kisses.

"Sorry," I said breathlessly and shut the door behind me. "I'm trying to avoid someone."

"Dean?" Randy asked. I shook my head and plopped down on the floor. Leaning the back of my head on the wall.

"Paul?" Melissa asked.

"No." I waved my hand. "Just forget about it."

"Fine."

"This is not what I should be thinking about, I've got a title match next week." I gripped my hair.

"What you should be thinking about," Randy said. "Is keeping my baby safe."

Crap. I forgot about escorting her down to the ring. Great because I had some frustrations to vent anyways.

"You don't have to worry, she knows what she's doing," She pecked his lips.

"She better," he shot me a playful glare and I shook my head.

"I got this, Randy." I smirked.

"Good," he muttered before she planted a deep kiss on him while I awkwardly looked away. Still hearing the sound of lips mingling made it even more uncomfortable.

"Melissa to curtain!" A voice yelled from the hall and I jumped up quickly.

"Uh..I..think that's you." I pointed and she broke the kiss thankfully. Patting his chest and nuzzling his nope, she got off his lap.

"I'll be watching," he said while she sashayed over to me.

"I know," she flipped her hair and we went out.

--

Match was going great. The crowd was feeding into Melissa completely. Cheering her on with every move. Eva Marie was a horrendous wrestler. She was botching left and right allowing Melissa to gain the upper hand every time.

The Bella's shot me glares. Every single time. Thankfully they knew better than to come on the other side of the ring.

AJ was on commentary and we occasionally locked eyes. I'd give her a deviant smirk and she'd tear her eyes away from me bitterly.

I couldn't wait to tear her limb from limb next week. Then take that title home with me triumphantly.

That's all I could think about was the title on her shoulder. Until I saw someone coming towards me and I stepped aside quickly and Melissa flew into the barricade.

Fucking hell.

She groaned in pain and held her ribs tight. I knelt down next to her, moving her hair from her eyes.

"Are you okay??"

"It hurts," she whined and I rolled her on her back.

"Just breathe."

I glanced up and saw the twins approaching. I stood protectively in front of her and clenched my fists. They smiled at eachother and rushed at me. I flung Brie into the steel steps and gave Nikki a boot to the chin for her efforts.

Eva Marie came out and we started fighting. I tackled her into the barricade and the referee rung the disqualification bell. Not caring I threw her over the announcer table and missed AJ by a hair.

She jumped up and snatched the headset off. Giving me a hard glare with those big dark eyes. I was ready to kill but just as started to move the lights shut out.

I backed into the ring and swung my fists to make sure this wasn't a sneak attack. Surprisingly it wasn't. I rolled into the ring and felt my way around nervously.

A faint sound of a match being struck filled the arena and my eyes fell to the titantron. Where a lantern was being lit. A brown beard came into view along with a face that I recognized to be Bray Wyatt. Behind him was a lamb mask and another bearded guy.

He let out a deep chuckle. "Divas. Divas in the dubya dubya e, are defined by three things. How good you look, how smart you are and how powerful you can be.When I listed power as an attribute I mean in and out of the ring. Physically, mentally and emotionally." he shook his head. "Not one diva can be all three. Never has been one. Chyna was powerful, but she wasn't smart. Kelly was pretty but she wasn't powerful. Even Stephanie McMahon isn't smart. If she was!" he shouted. "She would know what is truly best for business. She has rejected the only girl worthy of being a diva." he wagged his finger and I tilted my head. Looking back at AJ who was equally as confused.

"See Olivia, you and the rest of the world have no idea what a real diva is." He jumped in his chair and I flinched. "But you will. You all will."

This guy was a new level of creepy. Especially when he started laughing manically. "She's coming."

Then he blew out the flame and the crowd started cheering. The lights came back on and I looked around the ring at the divas still laid out except for AJ.

I blinked a few times trying to grasp what just happened. Before I rolled out of the ring and scratched my head in question.

What the hell just happened?

---

After I walked with Melissa to the trainer's room, I got a text from Paul that he needed an answer and quickly. I swallowed a big gulp before my foot began to anxiously tap.

Between Punk and The Wyatt's, I really hadn't thought about Paul's proposal like I promised.

I took my time to think now. Ambrose. Our road together were filled with pure turmoil. There was hate. There was love. There was good times. There was bad.

But still at the end of the day, he was another wrestler who went through the same thing I did. If not worse. I couldn't turn on my morals for my own personal career and vendetta.

However Dean had always put making my life hell as priority number one. I could still see the grin on his face when he told the world how we slept together. Or the pure triumph when he destroyed my apartment. The happiness when he looked at me and knew I had became his property.

The month of hell I had to endure.

The warm feeling when I got with Phil. The nights of love making, watching informercials, going to Cubs games, dorky conversations, sharing hoodies, and just enjoying eachother's company.

The feeling of breathlessness that overcame me when I knew it was over.

The comfort I actually felt when I thought Dean was slowly changing.

The anger when I found that he was the reason behind it all.

He had stabbed me in the heart then asked me why I was bleeding.

Without any hesitation, I made up my mind.

---

I watched on the monitor as Dean sat in the chair across from Cena. A smirk on his face as he slung the title over his shoulder and mimicked the You Cant See Me wave. Earning a small laugh from the crowd.

John smiled and sat back in his chair comfortably. Seth and Roman stood on the side. Intently watching on ready to attack Cena right after he signed.

Paul stood by the table and slid the folder to the middle of it.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the contract signing for the Royal Rumble match between Dean Ambrose..." The crowd cheered. "And John Cena..." the crowd booed.

I took in a sigh.

"However, I would like to make everyone aware that there has been a monkey wrench thrown into this match if you will."

Dean raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"There is now a guest referee," he motioned to the stage and I nodded to the sound guy who cued my music.

-----------

Liv took the dealllll! Whattttttt!!

No surprise, I think lol.

Punk has moved on??

The Wyatt's have come into this??

What's up with Roman and Melissa???

What will Dean say about Liv being the referee???

Who knows!

No one.

Anyways comment below.

Long/short doesn't matter! Just comment!

The more comments the quicker I upload!