Chapter Two - Damage Control

Dean was going to be a pain in my ass; I fucking knew that.

Yet, I refused to pay him any sort of attention. My hope was that, just like a kid throwing a tantrum, he would tire himself out.

But yet, the next morning, I stared at my door as the knocks continued. First, they were small and quiet, then they grew a little louder - even rhythmic.

I could ignore him. I got dressed, my usual attire of light denim ripped jeans, black T-shirt and white converse.

It was when I was about to do something with my bed hair, that he started pounding like a maniac - so hard that I thought the fucking thing would come off the hinges.

That's when I snapped and pulled the damn door open so fast that it smacked off the wall with brutal force, “What?!”

“Ignoring me is not a good solution.” He said calmly. “I came to require a personal meeting - you know, that thing managers are required to give us.”

“Aw, well unfortunately for you, and incredibly fortunate for me, my new position doesn't take effect until tomorrow.” I tried to close the door and he stuck his foot in,

“How about a coffee?”

“When hell freezes over.”

“Come on, baby, there's nothing to lose from having coffee with me. Why don't you give me a chance?”

My jaw nearly dropped but instead, it clenched up and I opened the door enough to fully see him.

“First off, last night, you broke into my room to make a goddamn threat about basically making my job hell and now, you want me to pretend like you didn't?”

“What I said last night doesn't change, I will continue to make your life hell - but, I mean you are a very attractive girl,” He looked me up and down. “It definitely wouldn't hurt to add you to the list of girls I’ve fucked, but I'd like to get to know you a little first. Just a little. Then, perhaps maybe, if I like you enough, you can stick around.”

“You're not serious.”

“I am. Give me a chance. I'll give you one. I'll definitely be a change to those corporate assholes you fuck.”

That did it. I snapped.

“First of fucking all, let me tell you that it is none of your goddamn business what kind of guys I fuck - especially since ranging through the types it definitely isn't you.” I raged and the smirk dropped from his face. “Let me follow up with that by telling you that I would much rather deal with your terror than even think about giving your crazy, stupid, disgusting poor excuse for a man ass a chance at anything with me. I've known you personally for only two days and I have never formed such a dislike for someone so quickly. Get the fuck away from my door, get me out of your head and leave me the fuck alone.”

With that, I slammed the door hard, the room rattling with the sound. Then, I took in a deep breath, wondering if it worked to scare him away.

I looked through the peephole, he was still there, a very bitter look on his face - a hint of disappointment - and a flash of anger before he strolled away.

-

-

I took a step back and admired the painting. It was the very last touch needed to spice up my new place.

For the first time ever, I had my own apartment, no roommates, no rooms for rent, my own goddamn apartment in the center of New York City. It was splendid and beautiful.