Chapter Seven

Dominus was having a good day. His scouts had already apprehended two different griffin patrols, and it wasn't even lunchtime! He lounged on the floor of his roomy cave, dreaming about a world of griffin and human lives all enslaved to the will of him and the dragons. He would have ultimate control. He would have all the magic in the land. He would never be imprisoned again. Never.
"Master," a smallish black dragon poked his head around the door.
"What is it, Iuvenes?" Dominus snapped. "Our scouts have located another patrol, Master. Would you like to transform them personally?"
"Yes, I think so." Dominus heaved himself to his feet and yawned, showing off his sharp teeth.
Then he led the way downstairs, with
Iuvenes trying desperately not to step on his tail.

The dragon king surveyed the scene before him. Five griffins and four riders lay on the floor of the throne room. The prisoners were not chained, but they knew all to well that escape was impossible.
"Where is the fifth rider?" Dominus rumbled. A dragon who he knew as Ipsum stepped forwards.
"He got away, my lord. We could not have caught him."
"Well, no matter." said Dominus. "There is nothing he can do."
He turned his attention to the group of prisoners. "They have been stripped of all weapons?" He checked.
"Yes, Master." Ipsum confirmed.
"Good." Said Dominus, and opened his mouth. Then he blew out a stream of ghostly fire. The smoky flames licked over the captives on the floor, turning the skin of the riders a pale greyish white and their hair black. Their armour turned to black leather. The griffins were similarly effected, their fur and feathers turning jet black. As soon as the ghostly fire relented, the newly corrupted soldiers clambered to their feet and bowed. Dominus allowed himself a small grin by way of celebration. One step closer to conquering the Farther.