Chapter 2: Norway? [EDITED]

They were dumped on a large pile of snow next to a large, old-looking house. Snow-capped trees loomed over them and snow piled in dirfts everywhere.

"Where are we?" Margaret brushed snow off her curly, purple hair and looked around. 

"I agree with Margy." Avarice said, looking up at the house.

 "Looks like Norway." Lukas commented. "Our parents once took us deer hunting here.

"Wait, hold on, there's something off about this place." Aeced said. "Lukas," Whenever the twins actually refer to people by their actual names, it usually means they are really serious and the tone in Aeced's echo-y, ghostly voice clearly shows it, "did the Norway you went deer hunting have plenty of mechanics?"

"As a matter of fact, ja!" 

"Knew it." Aeced said, "This is a different Norway indeed."

"Hey," Margaret interrupted, "it seems this little guy is pinpointing a direction!" she was holding the red journal which was indeed flashing a hologram arrow pointing directly at the house. 

"Should we...." Avarice bagan, "Follow it?" Aeced ended the sentence, even thought they were too old to be doing the childish twin telepathy, they were 20 already! They usually reserve the twin telepathy for jokes, but now they had lost all humor in their voices. They were paler than usual and were in danger of flickering off, probably due to all the snow or because of nerves.

"What's wrong guys???" Lukas asked in mock concern to tease them, "Don't tell me you're too.... SCARED to get in?" Aeced glared at him.

"Okay, nevermind, let's move!" Margaret interrupted, grabbing Lukas by his light red scarf. Lukas sighed.

"Wait, what if they'll see us?" Lukas said nervously.

"They won't see us." Avarice replied, regaining some of her composure and becoming a bit more opaque.

"So we can act like ghosts and stuff now?" Margaret said enthusiastically. Lukas' rabbit ears pricked up from his equally bright purple hair, which was as bright as Margaret's.

"Yeah..."

"OH YES!"

"Oh, just shush up, let's go.."

"OKAY, ENOUGH CHIT-CHATTING, LET'S CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!"

"Oh, bruder." Margaret shook her head. 

"Okay, okay. How about, 'casually opening the door without making any noise because we will be caught any minute now?'"

"That's just waaaay too sarcastic man."

"LET'S ROOOOLL!"

They followed the directions of the compass/journal and swallowed in any fear as they walked up the house's front porch and opened the varnished door with a brass door knob in the shape of a raven.