“I’m always right.” 

“Stop before I hit you.” I wasn’t in the mood, clearly. This had left me in the worst mood ever. 

She just grinned. “What’re you going to do now?” 

I shrugged. “What can I do? The rumors out there now. We even denied them on Janet Wilde and that didn’t help us.” 

Tori groaned loudly. “Ugh, I wish I was you. This is no fair.” 

“I would totally hand over this part of my life if I could, Tori,” I told her, completely seriously.

“I know.” She sighed longingly. 

My phone rung suddenly and I reached for it. When I saw the caller ID, I made a face at it.

“Aren’t you going to answer it?” 

“Nah,” I said, placing the phone back on my desk. 

“Why not?” 

I shrugged wordlessly. 

“Ohmygosh, is it Ryder?” she asked excitedly. 

“Yeah,” I replied casually. 

“Answer it!” she shrieked. 

“No,” I said, giving her a look. 

“Soph!” she cried dramatically. “You can’t leave Christian Ryder hanging like that.” 

The phone stopped ringing and I smiled. “I believe I just did.” 

She whined loudly. “Why would you do that?” 

“Because I don’t want to talk to him,” I said simply. 

“But I did!” 

“That’s not a good enough reason for me to put up with his annoying voice, Tori,” I said, shaking my head. 

“His voice isn’t annoying!” she cried. “It’s sexy.” 

“Eww. No.” I wrinkled my nose. I wasn’t enjoying this conversation, at all. 

My phone rang again and I sighed in annoyance. 

“Answer it!” Tori insisted. “And put it on speaker!” 

“Why would I do that?” I exclaimed. 

“So I can hear!” she replied with a pleading look on her face. “Please?” 

“You’re going to say something stupid if I say yes,” I pointed out. 

“I promise I won’t!” 

I raised my eyebrows at her. “Really now?” 

“I promise!” she cried, nearly jumping up and down from her excitement. “Please?” 

I sighed. “Fine, fine!” 

“Yay!” 

I answered the phone with, “What do you want, Christian?” 

I put it on speaker just as he replied. “Well, hello to you too.” 

Tori looked like she had died and gone to heaven. “His voice is so hot,” she mouthed to me, fanning herself. 

“Stop talking. What do you want?” 

“I can’t answer that question if you want me to stop talking,” he pointed out, feeling the need to be a smart-ass, it seemed. 

“You just ignored my request anyway, so what does it matter? Just answer the question.” I took a deep breath, trying to control myself. 

“Why should I?” he retorted.