Chapter 6

Emily's POV (basically what Dan was actually doing)

"Now Dan, what got you worked up yesterday then?" He took his time to ponder the question whilst I thought about how many kids I was seeing today.
"I just-t  d-don't lik-ke b-b-being around-d p-people alright-t." He was stuttering, that's never good.
The young boy was staring at his feet intently.
"Please just answer my question Dan." I didn't want to push him considering he had a panic attack the day before, but he seemed to be more interested in his feet then the conversation.
"What are you thinking about Dan. Please talk to me." Dan didn't move an inch, he was beginning to scare me. I looked at him and stayed quiet whilst waiting for him to answer. After a few moments, his body went ridged then he started shaking. He'd had many panic attacks whilst being here, and I'd had to help many people whilst they had a panic attack, but he was different. This isn't going to be fun. I sighed as I rose from my chair. "Dan, look at me please." I said as I crouched on the floor ahead of him. "Dan?" I placed my hands lightly on his shoulders. He will definitely respond if someone is touching him, then he will be easier to help. Dan still didn't move. Normally, if someone were to touch him, he would curl up on himself and panic. "Dan, please look at me." He turned white and breathed faster. "Dan, DAN!" He looked up at me and seemed to panic even more. I pulled out my staff phone and rang Jane.
"Jane, it's Dan come to my office immediately please!"
'Is he ok' she asked.
"He's having a panic attack but worse!"
'Ok I'll come and try to calm him'
"Hurry"
"DAN! Dan, just focus on me okay. I've just called for Jane. Breathe slowly, with me." He looked like he was about to pass out. His eyes locked with mine for a millisecond before he began to breathe faster then what I thought was possible.
That's when he lost it.
"No! Get off of me! No!" He shouted, his arms shot forward, fists clenched as he wriggled in his seat. I let go of him, figuring I wasn't helping. Jane arrived moments later to see Dan with his feet up to his chest, kicking and screaming.
"Oh god." It happened to Dan a lot when he first came to the hospital, but after a while, it became only panic attacks. He wouldn't respond to anything then he would freak out. He had flashbacks that only pills could cut short, but he had been taken off them a while before.
"We're going to have to sedate him." After a while, there was a doctor with a needle ready to plunge into Dan's arm. His body when limp after he tried to kick everyone surrounding him, only succeeding a few times.
"We need to take him to the white room once he wakes up but until then, let's take him to the infirmary.

Phil's POV

I was wondering around the building aimlessly when I heard blood curdling screams. It wasn't rare for the place apparently, but not the less it was horrible. Around half an hour later, I walked into Jane.
"There you are sweetheart, I've been looking for you."
"Why? Has something happened?"
"Actually, yes it has. Dan, well, got pretty bad in therapy and had to be sedated."
"Wait, what! What happened?" I didn't have a clue what 'got pretty bad' meant, but if they put him to sleep, it couldn't have been good.
"He started panicking then we have no idea what happened after that, but he was screaming and kicking."
"Oh..." I didn't like the sound of that, he sounded in pain.
"He'll wake up in a couple of hours, but until then, it's time for lunch."

Shit

I sat down at a table once I grabbed a tuna sandwich.
"Hi, you're the new-ish kid, how are you?" A short girl with bleached blonde hair and a giant smile sat down I front of me with an emerald eyed boy.
"I'm fine thank you." I wasn't sure how to continue the conversation, but it was nice for someone other then Dan to acknowledge my existence, positively or not.
"I'm Louise and this is Pj."
"Phil. So to what do I owe the pleasure of meeting you."
"You looked kinda lonely, who's your room mate?" The boy spoke.
"Dan." I muttered
"Ah, I see."
"What?" Did they not like Dan?
"Well, I mean. He's not really a very sociable person, is he? It makes more sense now why you're alone." The girl stated.
"I guess you're right."
Me, Louise and Pj kept talking for the rest of lunch so I was surprised when the clock read 1:00pm. I had an untouched sandwich in front of me that there was no chance I was going to eat, so I got up and left for the games room when they invited me after they ate. I had friends. I had never wanted friends before. Maybe those antidepressants work after all, it's a shame there is nothing that works to make you pretty instantly, but then again, there wouldn't be any left of there was.

You can't make friends Phil
They will know you're an fat idiot
They only feel sorry for you
You don't need friends anyway
Just stay on your own
It will be much better
Just leave Phil
Die