Chapter II

Chapter II

I was drawn out by my thoughts when the guy spoke.

“I think that this painting clearly describes who you are,” he said making it sound like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

“I, uhh,” I uttered. I am so out of words!

He looked straightly at me as if he’s familiarizing my every detail, and then he spoke. “I think you’re the kind of person that is reserved but could also be outspoken, timid but spontaneous, you are witty but at the same time naïve, you also have trust issues; you never let anyone come into your life that easily and you always keep your distance to those who tried to reach you. And lastly, you are good at pretending; hiding feelings and such,”

“Who are you?” was all that I could say. He was saying those things a while ago; that I felt that I was a book that was read aloud.

Instead of answering my question he just gave me a lopsided smile before he started to walk away. I was about to follow him when someone grabbed me by my arm.

“Where are you going, Shan? The press is looking for you,” Mina said, looking dazzling in a sexy red dress.

I looked at the direction where the mysterious guy was walking to, but he was nowhere to be seen.

I faced Mina, “Let’s go,”

***

It was passed 2 o’clock in the morning when the event was finally finished. I called Ezra to pick me up because I drank a little wine and my body couldn’t handle it well. When we arrived at our house, Ezra made hot coffee for the two of us; which is decaf because we both want to sleep!

 “Had a great time?” Ezra asked before sipping his coffee.

“Not really, you know that I don’t like to interact with other people,”

“It looks like the event was a huge success, what are you going to do to the money that you have earned?”

I bit my lower lip. I was hesitating if I’m going to tell Ezra that I know the company’s dilemma. “I’m going to invest it in our company,”

He stopped drinking his coffee and he looked at me, albeit that he was surprised. “You know?”

“Yeah, Dad told me weeks ago. That’s why I held this auction,” I said in a matter of fact tone.

We drank our coffee and talked about different things, when suddenly a thought hit my mind.

“Ezra, do you know who’s the CEO of the largest company here in the Philippines?” I asked.

He sipped his coffee one more time before answering. “Why did you ask?”

“Nothing, just curious,” I shrugged.

“His name is Seven Collins of SC Group of Companies; he also has international transactions from other countries all throughout the world,”

My mouth was in ‘O’ shape. So, this Seven dude is really amazing.

“This guy, what does he look like? Is he some old hag in his 70’s?” I asked.

“Nope, he’s just four years older than me,” he answered and gave me a quizzical look. “Why are you so curious about Mr. Collins?”

“Dad told me to marry him,”

He spilled his drink, and I laughed at his reaction. “You—what?”

“Just kidding, I better go to bed. I had a long night, you too, Ezra,” I said as I patted his back.

“Yeah, good night, Shan,” Ezra said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

***

I woke up early and dolled myself up. I took out my phone and called Mina.

“Good afternoon, sissy,” I chirped.

“God, Shan! Not now, I’m still sleepy,” she groaned.

“You better prepare yourself, we’re going somewhere,”

Mina yawned at the other line. She really is sleepy; I’m such a bad best friend. “Where?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll find out,”

“And why are we doing this?”

I smirked. “We’re going to hunt down Seven Collins, the most wanted bachelor,”

*****