Chapter 21

Wendy

I was half-awake, but I didn't open my eyes. I knew I was in Shane's arms. Sparks were filling my body as I laid on the bed. I could hear him talking to someone, but I didn't pay attention enough to find out what they were speaking about. I just wanted to keep sleeping. I'm not sure why, but I felt extremely exhausted.

As I was about to fall back asleep, I felt my mate slipping away from me. It alarmed me as I fluttered my eyes open. "Please don't leave me" I blurted.

He turned around and started muttering random words. "Tyson!" he suddenly shouted. I cringed at his loud voice as I sat up against the headboard. I was so confused. I looked around and noticed that I was in some type of gown. The fact that it opened with velcro from the front caused me to feel uncomfortable. Tyson barged into the room with Ralph behind him. I clenched the gown tightly, knowing that I wasn't wearing a bra. "She's awake, right? Tell me I'm not imagining things" Shane babbled.

Everyone was just staring at me. "Can someone explain this?" I asked, wincing as my throat felt scratchy. Tyson left the room, quickly coming back with Maddi, Clara, and a glass of water. I nodded as a thank you before I sipped the cold liquid.

"Why are we all just looking at her?" Tyson blurted before jumping onto my bed and pulling me into his chest. Shane growled, but didn't pull Tyson off of me. "You kept your promise. But you still scared the shit out of all of us" he lightly scolded me.

I pulled away, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows. "I don't understand" I admitted. "What happened?" I questioned. No one spoke. They all looked at each other, waiting for someone else to answer me. "I just remember going with Will. What happened after that?" I asked.

They still continued to avoid the question. "What the hell happened?!" I raised my voice, causing Clara to wail. I reached up to my face, but pain shot up in my abdomen. I opened up the gown at the center of my stomach, but leaving the rest of the gown closed. There was bandaged on my stomach, all stained with blood. I lightly grazed my fingers over the white gauze. I felt around for other injuries, finding another patch of gauze on my back. This one was larger, it hurt a hell lot more too. I looked up at everyone else, who avoided my eyes.

"You guys go back downstairs for breakfast. We'll come down after I explain everything" Shane suggested. Ralph and Maddi slowly eased out the room, leaving Tyson and Shane inside with me. "Are you staying?" my mate asked.

Tyson glanced at me before looking at Shane and nodding his head. Shane shrugged, not minding his best friend's presence as he sat beside me on the bed. "You walked off with Will, and I went after you. I followed the group, took out a few people. But there were more hiding in the trees. One of them got to you and gave you those wounds" Shane spoke softly as he explained.

I slowly nodded, letting it process; but none of it was ringing any bells. I didn't remember any of it. "What happened to Will?" I asked.

This time, Tyson answered. "He's being held in a cell. Dom is still trying to get answers out of him. We don't know how he knew you were here or how he knew about Clara" he explained.

I figured they would try to get answers out of him. Will has too many connections. He's well known in the rogue world and in packs. He used to be a Head Warrior before he went rogue- which is why so many people follow him. They know that he would be able to protect him. And he protects anyone that comes into his care. Unless of course, they have a Mark like me.

"They're either watching or someone is spying" I informed them. I didn't even know that Maddi was pregnant before I got here. And no one outside of this pack knew that I had any family left.