Chapter 19

Shane

Will had two guys standing behind him as he dragged Wendy away from us. Ralph quickly ran to his mate and ushered her inside the house. I expected him to stay with Maddi and Clara, but he said something to her then returned to me. "Let's go before they get away" Ralph said. Tyson even forced himself up and limped over to us. His breathing was heavy and one of his arms was broken.

I shook my head, keeping my eyes on my mate. Will didn't reach the forest line yet. "Both of you go back to the house. Stay in there. Don't even argue right now, Ralph" I said firmly. "You have a daughter in there. I know that you want to protect Wendy too. But Maddi and Clara need you right now" I stated

"So does Wendy" Ralph snapped. "I let her down once. I'm not doing it again" he told me.

I sighed. "Trust me. I'll get her back. They won't make it out the territory with her. Just go inside so I can do my job. This is why I'm the Head Warrior. I can deal with this stuff. Your family needs you. So get in that damn house" I demanded. He bit his lip, glancing at Wendy before slowly walking back to his house. "And you're in no condition to fight" I told Tyson.

He nodded, wincing as he did it. "I know. She told me she wouldn't die today. Make sure of that" I quickly nodded my head, holding my hand up to pat his back but deciding against it. "Go get her, Shane" Tyson urged.

I quickly ran in the same direction, keeping my footsteps soft and quiet. Their backs were facing me, so they wouldn't see me coming. They entered the forest and I followed after them, hiding behind a tree. By the way that Will was acting, he wanted Wendy to suffer. He wouldn't snap her neck or slit an artery to kill her. He would most likely torture her. So he's not gonna kill her in the middle of the forest any time soon.

That gives me time. Most of his group is long gone. There's four that are close in front of him and Wendy. Then the two guys behind them. I can take out the two guys first, hopefully be able to get Wendy away from Will. Then I can take care of the other four.

Distraction is the only way to make that possible. I looked around for something that could help me. My eyes landed on a rock a little bigger than my hand. I picked it up and threw it at a tree as hard as possible. Everyone's heads snapped in that direction. "Go check it out" Will demanded. Two people from the front and one of the guys from behind went towards the noise. "This better not be one of your little friends" Will sneered, tugging at Wendy's hair.

Clenching my jaw, I held in my growl. Wendy shrieked, her hand flying up to her head. Taking a deep breath, I moved from behind the tree and walked towards them. No one heard me until I snapped a guy's neck. Everything happened so fast. People emerged from other areas and began attacking Will's group. They all tried to run away.

Wendy scratched Will and shoved him away from her. I grabbed her waist, pushing her further away. "Oh. Mr. Hero" Will scoffed, wiping blood off his arm from where my mate clawed at him. "You think you're so smart" he teased. I growled at him, making him laugh. "Did you know that Red can climb trees?" he questioned. "Yeah. She learned it from us. It really comes in handy" he stated, his lips curling into a smirk.

"Shane" I turned to Wendy. A girl was behind her. Blood dripped out of Wendy's mouth as she stared at me with wide eyes. Looking down, I saw claws coming out of her stomach. The girl tugged her claws out of Wendy, causing my mate to fall to the floor. I ran towards the pair, throwing the girl against a tree. "Sh-Shane" Wendy muttered, blood pouring out of her mouth.

I shook my head, picking her up bridal style. "Don't talk. You're gonna be okay. Don't say anything" I told her. I glanced at Will, who was being brought to his knees by Dominic. Will had a smirk plastered on his face. Dominic easily wiped it off by bringing his fist to Will's face.