Chapter 10

Wendy

After what felt like hours, we were all ushered upstairs to see the baby. Of course, I bolted up the stairs. I mean, I have I right to see the baby first. I'm gonna be its aunt! Anyways, we all got to the room in which Maddi just had her baby. 'I hope they changed the sheets' Liz stated. I rolled my eyes at my wolf.

I was the first to get to the door; and my cousin was standing in front of it, smiling like the Cheshire cat. Creepy. "You guys ready?" he asked.

"Yes! We've been waiting for hours!" Tyson complained. I internally groaned. Apparently, he decided to never leave Shane and I alone. So we were stuck with him.

We had a whole conversations about condoms. The idiot didn't know that they're only like 98% effective. Which means, about 2% of the time; you can still produce a baby. Long story short, he had to call a few people. But at the end, Tyson was not the father! Oh, yeah. We watched a few episodes of Maury, that's how we got to the condom conversation.

But the conversation was worth the wait. Ralph opened the door to reveal Maddi sitting in the bed and cradling a small werewolf baby to her chest. Judging from the pink blanket and the small pink beanie on the baby's head, its a girl.

I quickly rushed inside and stood by Maddi. "She's so beautiful" I said softly. The baby surprisingly had her big eyes open, showing off her blue orbs that matched her mother's. Human babies usually wouldn't have colored eyes; but things are always different for werewolves.

With a smile, Maddi gently handed me her daughter. Her small head was resting on the inside of my forearm as the rest of her body was cradled by my arms. I gently rubbed her arm with my thumb. "Hi, baby. I'm Aunt Wendy" I cooed while slowly rocking her back and forth.

"Clara" my head snapped to Ralph and Maddi. "We named her Clara" Ralph informed me. I choked down a sob that wanted to escape my mouth.

Biting my trembling lip, I passed the baby to Dominic who stood next to me. "Sorry. Excuse me" I croaked before running out the room. Once I was outside and away from all the prying eyes, I let my tears fall. I ran to the side of the house, before I tripped over my own foot.

My eyes burned from all the tears as I leaned against the house, pulling my knees to my chest. I buried my face into my hands to muffle my sobs. "Wendy" a voice softly called out. I heard the crunching of dirt and gravel under his shoes until he stopped in front of me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. He didn't say anything; he just held me as I sobbed.

Slowly, my crying died down and I sat peacefully in his arms. "Its my mother's name" I muttered. "They named their daughter after my mother" I informed him.

Shane nodded his head. "So why are you crying? Shouldn't you be happy that they honor your mother by naming their first child after her?" he asked quietly.

I pulled away and nodded my head. "I am happy about it. I'm glad that they thought about my mom" I stated. He cocked his head to the side. "It hurt; hearing her name. I haven't heard anyone say her name in over two years" I explained. Quickly, I wiped away the few tears that escaped my eyes as I spoke.

Frowning, I looked at my hands that now had smeared make up on them. God, I probably look like a raccoon. "You're beautiful" Shane said as he kissed my cheek. I need to stop thinking out loud. Maybe Ed Sheeran has the same dilemma as me. Maybe its a red head thing? No? Okay then.

I sniffled and wiped my chin as Shane continued to kiss random spots around my face, making sparks erupt everywhere his lips touched. "Hey- Ew! Holy crap! My eyes! They burn! I did not want to see that!" our heads snapped to Tyson who had his hands covering his eyes. He always has to ruin the moment. It's not like we were making out. Shane sighed as he pulled us both to our feet. "No public displays of affection around this Beta!" Tyson stated as he pointed at himself.