Crossbow

A/N OMG! I have literally read and wrote so much Fanfiction the past two weeks or so it's not even funny(well...most of the fanfictions were but still). Did any of you watch "Shadowhunters"? If so, tell me and tell me what you thought about it! :) Also, did you guys hear that Alan Rickman passes away?

Prompt: Merlin gets shot with a crossbow by Snowball519

Disclaimer: I do not Merlin

"Sir Eric, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" Arthur growls, staking up to the knight as Gwaine gathers Merlin, followed quickly by the other Knights of the Round Table, heading straight for the castle, straight for the physician's quarters.

"What happened to you sire? You use to be in the same place as me, laughing as your old manservant ran with the target...now you're shouting at me for shooting your servant with a crossbow as he was moving the target..." Sir Eric responds, looking straight at the king as he steps forward again.

"I grew up, I began to run a kingdom, and I know that no matter what, no matter the crazed sorcerers, or assassins, Merlin will always be at my side! That never gives you the right to shoot a servant while he is moving a target for us to practice with. Dismissed." Arthur orders as he takes the crossbow from him, "DO NOT think that I am done speaking to you, I will decide your punishment at a later time, and remember, I will ask for the opinions of my knights who are all VERY close to Merlin." Sir Eric nods fearfully, watching Arthur rush towards the castle, his cloak flying impressively behind him. A bunch of knights and squires leave the grounds, some glaring at Sir Eric, others just completely ignoring him.

"What did you do to him?" Gwaine asks as Arthur enters the room, "Did you kill him? If not, can I kill him? Ohhh, please tell me you killed him, you don't look like you did, what did you do?" Percival and the others chuckle lightly, as Arthur takes a seat next to them.

"I didn't do much, I wanted all of your opinions before I decided on his punishment, as well as Merlin's. Any idea when he'll wake Gauis? Will he be alright?" Arthur asks worriedly, watching Gauis rush around his chambers, gathering an assortment of herbs and potions.

"I have no idea when he'll wake sire, the most I can do for him at the moment is remove the bolt and patch it up." Gauis sighs, kneeling next to the servant; carefully removing the bolt from the servant's shoulder. Merlin groans, flinching as it leaves his skin. More blood flows freely from the wound, causing Gauis to quickly grab some clothe, holding in on the wound.

"That's not good..." Percival whispers, watching Gauis try to stop the blood flow, or at least slow it, "Here Gauis, let me. You have other things to worry about as well." Percival nods towards where he had been working on crushing some herbs for pain killers.

"Thank you Sir Percival...please tell me when the blood flow has slowed." Gauis orders as he goes to sit on the bench in front of his work station. Percival takes over pushing the clothe against Merlin's shoulder, trying to ignore the fact that it was nearly soaked through and had only been there for a couple of minutes. The door bursts open once again, causing Gauis to drop the glass vial he had been holding, it shattering all over the floor and the Knights instantly stood, their hands resting on the hilts of their swords.

"Agravaine, I'd prefer if you'd be more polite when entering my chambers, especially when I am tending to a patient." Gauis says, turning to face the entering man. Agraviane shoulders past him, striding up to the where the king and his knights were crowded among their friend.

"Sire, what is this I hear about you threatening Sir Eric? You know he's always been a trusted knight. So why, did you threaten him, and why did you say you would be deciding a punishment for missing a target?" Agravaine asks, his voice deadly calm.