Unexpected Love (an Andy Six love stoay) ch.6

Everybody put up your hands Say I don't wanna be in love I don't wanna be in love

Feel the beat now If you've got nothing left Say I don't wanna be in love I don't wanna be in love

“Perch man perch” I said to the radio. I was sitting in scratch that with a spoon in a carton of Ben and Jerry’s half baked, drowning in my own self pity. It’s been two months since the party and I haven’t talked to Andy or Jack. But god knows Andy has tried talking to me. He’s called, texted, emailed, the whole nine yards. I just don’t know what I should say to him. “One new text message” my phone said. I looked at it. Sure enough it was Andy. I opened it. Why not right. It said ‘Hey rose. I know you’re not talking to me. And if I were you I wouldn’t talk to me either. I’m in town this week and I was wondering if we could meet up and talk about what happened? Please. I leave on Monday. Call me”. Do I really want to talk to him? Lord knows I do but I can’t let him see me like this. You probably like what the hell? Like what? I’m getting there. Grayson, my moms stupid boyfriend turned fiancé, has been well abusing me. My mom doesn’t know, I mean how can I tell her? Thankfully the bruises aren’t that bad and I can hide them. The only person that knows is Isabelle and I stay over at her house when it gets really bad.

“Ding” the front door screams, meaning someone has came in. “Hey welcome to scratch that. If you need any help don’t be afraid to ask. I don’t bite, much” I said. Yes my old joke still stands. But hey it’s a custom here. Everyone who works here has there own way of say hey to people that walk in. I quickly hid my carton of ice cream behind the counter because the owner would kill me if he saw that I was eating on the job. I looked up. I had like really bad deja vou. There were two guys and a girl dressed almost exactly like Andy was, when I first met him. “Hey beautiful” one of the guys said to me. “I’m jinx, this is Ashley and Sandra” jinx said leaning on the counter. “I’m rose” I said. Sandra’s face lit up and she walked behind one of the shelves. “So Rose huh?” Ashley said trying not to laugh. “Yeah what’s up with y’all” I asked. “Nothing. Hey I was wondering, do you wanna hang out with me sometime” jinx asked as he played with some of the merch on the counter. “Sure” I mean why not. One rocker to the next. Maybe he can help me get over Andy. I’m not sure how Isabelle is going to take this though. We exchanged numbers and he said “I call you later”. The three of them left with Ashley laughing and Sandra saying something to Jinx in a hushed voice.

“You WHAT?” “I know, I know, but I really think this a good thing, okay.” I said to Izzy over the phone later that day. “Whatever. Just be careful okay?” ‘Yeah, yeah. So how’s Jake?” that’s right! Isabelle and Jake have kept in touch through the whole thing. I think this one might actually work. Maybe. You can never tell with Isabelle. “Babe, I got to go. Jakes on the other line” Isabelle said. “Alright call me later” I said ending the call. I walked into my house and jumped when I saw Grayson. “Where the hell have you been?” he asked. “At work’ I said irritated. “Oh yeah. Now where were you really you slut” he laughed. “At Work you son of a bitch” I said walking toward my room. “What” Grayson said as he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me back. “You will not talk to me like that” “Ha! I can talk to how ever I want! You’re not my father! Your just some Dick My mom is dating!” I screamed. He slapped me across the face. He then punched me in the stomach and then through me up against the wall. “That will teach you, you selfish little bitch! Now go to your room” he said as he walked away.

I quickly got up even though my body was screaming at me. I ran into my room and shut the door. I got out two suit cases and my back-pack. I filled them with clothes, shoes, my straighter, pictures of friends and family (All with Grayson cut out of them), some money that I had and my necklace that my dad gave me before he left. I left a note on my bed saying “mom, I’m sorry. I love you more than you could possibly know, but I just sick of him. I can’t take him any more. Goodbye Rose”. I climbed out my window (I live on the first floor thankfully), and ran to my car. I got in my car a drove. I picked up my phone and dialed Izzy. “Come on, pick up the phone Is!” I yelled into the phone. “Crap!” I screamed when it went to voice mail. I pulled into the parking garage that’s down the street from scratch that. There was only one other person I could call, but I don’t know if he wants to talk to me. I tried anyway. Ring. Thank god! I got a ring. “Rose is that you” a boy asked on the other line. “Hey could you come get me please. I don’t know any one else and Isabelle isn’t picking up her Phone.” I asked trying not to cry, and failing. “Sure rose. Where are you” he asked. “At the Parking garage down the street from scratch that” I said wiry. “I’ll be there soon alright” “Thanks I’ll see you soon, Andy”.