Chapter 10

Chapter 10-

Juliet's POV:

Know how you watch a scary movie and you get so freaked out that your scared to go into a dark room or go to sleep?

Well that is how I feel.

Facing my dad after what I did?

I was so scared I was shaking. I wore a sweater that covered my neck. Jackson already marked his mate awhile ago. Cassandra was not Joey's mate so, she was not yet marked. So not only will my father be angry but my brothers would be angry.

Why is life so difficult?

I just want to go to school, chill with Alistair and play sports. Was that so hard?

I was standing outside of my house and I took a deep breath and opened the door. Everyone was bustling around hastily and it was kind of weird. Yes the pack house was busy but everyone was walking around frantically, like chickens with their heads cut off.

I saw uncle Damen and I stopped him.

"Uncle Damen...what's going on?" I asked him.

"Rogue's working with vampires." He said grimly. He looked pained.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"Juliet..." He started and I knew it was something bad and my heart began to beat so fast it would pop out of my chest.

"Uncle. What is wrong? Where is dad and mum? The boys?" I asked.

"They are fine, Juliet it's not them." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I was going to rip his arm off.

"What's wrong!?" I demanded, practically yelling.

"It's Alistair." He said and my eyes popped out of my head.

"Where is he!? What's happened?" I yelled feeling my eyes begin to sting.

"He was hit badly. He's in surgery." After he said that I darted off to the infirmary. The windows were down and the door was locked which meant Andrew was working on him. I placed my head against the wall and growled.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and a hand on the side of my head. It was my mom. She pulled my head into her chest and smoothed my hair down. I sobbed lightly into her chest.

"I should have been here. With him." I sobbed.

"Shh...There was nothing you could have done. He's going to be fine." She said soothingly.

"The best you can do is help, with doing patrols." She said holding onto my shoulders and wiping the tears from my cheeks.

I nodded and she kissed my forhead.

"Your father is setting up patrols in the yard. Go out." He said. I turned giving the infirmary one last final look and headed outside.

Both Ethan's pack and our pack were outside. We had many werewolves to have bigger patrol groups to be safe in numbers. Ethan stared at me hard and I just looked away. My father nodded to me, although he didn't look too happy.

"Okay you know your patrols and the times. Go." He ordered with authority. I walked over to him and he starred at me with arms crossed.

"Who am I with, father?" I asked respectively. Although he was my dad I had to be respectful in public. He starred at me with dissapointment.

"If I tell you what to do will you listen?" He asked. He told me no boys.

"Dad...I couldn't do anything. I would have died." I said looking away and not meeting his eyes. He said nothing but stared at me and it felt like he was burning a whole through me.

"Go with Joey and his group." He ordered.

"Yes, sir."I answered turning swiftly and following Joey's group. It mostly had people who I didn't associate with that much

"Four metre spread." Joey ordered.

"Julie, take the trees." He said to me using my nickname. I was small and quick enough and graceful that I could jump through the trees and get an overhead look. I nodded and scrambled up into the tree looking out.

Usually nothing happened on patrols, so it would most likely be boring.

It was deadly quiet as I jumped through the trees.

See anything?

Joey asked me through the pack link.

Nothing. Quiet...almost too quiet.

It was deathly quiet...I didn't like it.

I stepped on a tree and suddenly it gave out beneath me. I did a hard tumble down and heard a crack in my knee as I hit the ground. I grunted in pain and grasped my knee, wincing.

Juliet?

Joey called.

I'm fine. don't worry.

I assured. I put my hands on the ground and stood up grimacing. I heard a tsk noise and I turned sharply. A woman wearing tattered clothing appeared. Her hair was frizzy and brown and her eyes were a bright grey.

"Very sloppy for a werewolf." She said. Her voice was like silk though...it was amazing. It almost made me lose my ground a bit.

"You are very pretty I must say..." she cooed walking over to me. I stood still letting her come to me.

I-I...didn't want to attack her.

She smiled and lightly touched my shoulder.

"You...are afraid of fire." She said smiling nicely. I hated fire, when I was little a candle dropped and set my carpet a flame.

"You...don't like to burn." She said. I suddenly felt over heated, like I was burning. I looked down at my bare legs as they started to burn.

I lifted off my sweater and my whole body had burns covering it. It was like I was on fire. I screamed patting my skin down, running around looking for water to jump into.

"Juliet!" I heard someone yell. Joey was in front of me in a flash staring down at me shocked.

"What's happening?" He asked.

"I'm on fire!" I screamed as my skin burned harshly. He muttered something that I didn't hear because I was too busy screaming and crying because of my burning skin. I was slung over his shoulder and I screamed as his shirt made contact with my skin.

Jackson's POV:

" I didn't even know of rogues and vampires in the area." I said to my father as he looked over some papers with Damen. Aunt Angelica sat glued to her computer. She then sighed and took her glasses off.

"I checked every security camera...no shot of any rogues or vampires." She said angrily.

"We will just have to keep the guard doubled up. That's the best we can do." Damen said. Suddenly we heard a loud shriek from mom.

Dad was out in a flash with us trailing behind him heading outside. She kneeled on the ground only revealing severly burnt legs. Dad ran over and stopped dead in his tracks with us following. Joey stared down eyes wide and I almost became sick as I looked down.

Juliet was burnt to a crisp almost. Her skin was dark red and black and she breathed heavily.

"What happened?"Dad growled.

"She was screaming and I ran over and her skin started burning like she was on fire." Joey said frantically.

"A witch." Someone said behind me. I looked back and our great grandma and grandfather stood starring down.