9//Home

This chapter is going to suck since I have bad writers block.

•••

Carmen

We were going to New Orleans today, we would be there in thirty minutes and I was excited. He was gonna take me where he grew up and to meet some of his old friends tomorrow since the show was in three hours.

We were both awake but it was quiet. We've been on tour for two weeks now and it's been going good. I went to the bathroom and when I came back out, August was looking out the window.

"Aug." I tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He looked over at me.

"Hm?"

"Are you okay? You seem upset about something." He sighed and I could see tears in his eyes. I sat sideways on his lap and pulled him into a hug. "Let it out." I rubbed his back.

He sniffed and I wiped his tears that were falling, "It's my mama. She still with this clown after she said she wasn't goin' back. That nigga did some shit ta' me that was way past fucked up."

"Well babe, some people are blinded by 'love' and sometimes it's not even love, they're just too blind to see the things we see or the things they do. Maybe your mom hasn't learned her lesson just yet. Have you talked to her about it?"

"Nah, I haven't. When she told me I hung up."

"Maybe you shouldn't all to her about it. Give her your input and if she doesn't want to hear you out all you can say is you tried."

"I'a think about it." He started staring at me, making me look away. "Look at me."

"Why?"

"Just look at me. I need ta' see yo face." I looked back at him as he looked all over my face. "You beautiful."

"Thank you."

"We're here!" His manager yelled announcing that we were in New Orleans.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Mo' than ready. Are you ready?"

"Yess. Here seems fun."

-
August

The best to Make It Home started playing and I got myself together before walking out on stage.

After singing that song Benediction started playing and I sang my heart out. I missed the hell out of my brother and being back here only made it harder for me not to break down again.

Started off in the streets
We would take collection from the fiends
People dyin' all around me
So I gave you my testimony
We were down from the beginnin'
When the world wasn't listenin'
Now that I got your attention
Let us in with the benediction