six . vampire gigolo

Kellan sat on the sofa, curled up in a blanket the morning after her evening with the Mikaelsons. She stared aimlessly at the wall, her mind running faster than she could keep up with.

She had no answers to any of it. Any of it.

Kellan pulled off the afghan, grabbing her phone from the coffee table. Putting it to her ear, she headed to her room. "Elena?"

"Kellan, hey."

"Are you busy? Matt told me you could explain what the hell is going on." Kellan went into her room, going to her closet. "And the fact my date died, or whatever happened."

"He's not actually dead," Elena replied. "Look, I'm leaving Stefan's house, how about I come to you? I'll explain everything."

"Yeah, that would be great," she said with relief. Setting her cell down, she pulled free a tight gray tank and a black and red flannel. Changing, she pulled on dark jeans before putting on a little makeup. Her hair still fell in curls, but was down from its pin the night before.

Kellan glanced over her shoulder, hearing Elena's car pull up outside. She slid on Thor socks before heading downstairs. As the doorbell rang, she opened up the house to a cool gust of wind.

Elena stood on the porch, cuddled inside her jacket. "Hey."

Kellan lightly smiled, stepping out of the way. "Hey."

Elena came through the door, pulling free her scarf before taking off her jacket. "Did you sleep after I brought you home?"

"Not much, no," Kellan replied as she shut the front door. "I kept thinking of seeing Kol on the ground."

"Caroline said you were his date," Elena said as she hung up her things by the door. Even though she'd not been inside in ages, everything was like she remembered. "But Stefan said you just met him."

"Yeah, we talked for a little while, then he gave me the invitation." Kellan motioned to the sofa, both sightly awkward around the other. "You said he's not dead, but I saw his neck."

Elena sat down, both she and Kellan angled towards each. "It's all going to sound pretty bizarre."

She thought of seeing her dead father and of what Esther had said to her.

"I can handle bizarre."

Elena hesitated, but she explained it all.

And an hour later, Kellan looked stunned. She moved a hand along her jaw, "Vampires."

"Yeah," Elena said. "I know, it's weird."

"It actually makes a lot of sense," Kellan admitted. She stood for a moment, "Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure," she replied as she followed Kellan into the kitchen. "You're taking it pretty well."

"I've seen enough to believe it," Kellan told her. "Coffee or tea?"

"Coffee would be great." Elena leaned on the counter, looking around the room. The only thing different was a new fridge.

"So," Kellan pulled out creamer and sugar, setting them on the island, "when you break a vampire's neck or back, it's like knocking them out?"

"Exactly," she replied as Kellan handed her a mug. "To kill a vampire it's wooden stake to the heart, rip their heart out, or head off."

"But it's different for the Mikaelsons," Kellan said in partial question as she poured her own coffee. "What did you call them?"