four . mikaelson ball

"I look ridiculous."

"Well, I think you look lovely." Allison stood behind Kellan, the pair in the mirror in her room. She brushed her fingers along the dark waves of her daughter's hair. "And your date will think so, too."

"I don't know if I should even go," Kellan said, wearing a pale pink gown with an open back. A pair of white heels sat on her bed, the thought of dancing in them intimidating. "I mean, I don't even know him."

"I'm not letting you back out." Allison hooked Kellan's hair back, twisting the curls into an elegant side knot with soft waves framing her face. She used a gold pink to hold it together, smiling as she did so.

"Who throws balls anymore?" Kellan quickly asked, suddenly thinking about how she'd asked Kol who took walks anymore. "I mean, I don't even do high school dances so why am I going to a ball in a dress that I feel like a brat in?"

"The difference is you didn't pay as much for this dress as an actual brat would." Kellan's mother grinned, handing her a pair of diamond studs and a pair of gold drop downs. "You'll have fun. I can feel it."

"Define fun," Kellan said, putting in the two pairs of earrings.

"You'll dance with a charming boy, I'll not give you any grief for drinking champagne and you might even find that you really like mysterious boys who could quite possibly keep up with your wit."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves now."

Allison and Kellan both smiled at the same time, the deal sealed.

"Put on your shoes and come to the car," Allison instructed. "I'll drive you." She squeezed Kellan's arm before going beyond the door and out of sight.

Kellan picked up some of her gown, walking across her room to her made bed. Letting it down, she slid on one of the heels followed by the other. She took in a soft breath, aware she was actually going to do this. She was going to a ball as a date and she was wearing the prettiest dress in the world.

"Everything is going to Hell," Kellan muttered, leaving her room for the Mikaelson Ball.

She had no clue just how right she was.

|||||

Classical music filled the foyer of the newly built Mikaelson home, whims thrown as the towns people of Mystic Falls spent an arm and a leg for something to impress the new family.

Of course none of them knew it was the Mikaelson's home before any of their ancestors knew the earth was round.

A string quartet played as waiters brought around welcoming drinks, everyone important within the mansion or at least on their way.

It was an event no one wanted to miss.

Damon Salvatore, dapper in a tux and bow tie, handed a glass of champagne to an old friend of his. "Hello, Carol."

Mayor Lockwood took the drink willingly. "Hello."

Damon silently toasted, "Hangin' out with your new besties?"

"I'm the mayor, Damon," Carol said, beautiful in a thin strapped gown. "When the oldest, deadliest family of vampires moves into your town, you welcome them with a smile." Giving an example, she followed by sipping on her drink.

"Huh," Damon said. "Well, at least you know who you're borrowing that cup of sugar from."

"I'm trying to protect this town," she replied. "They've assured me they want peace, and I've assured them that I'd enforce it."

Incondite || Kol MikaelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara