five . timer

five . timer

As the night drew father in, Kellan and Kol were leaned by a pillar with various concerned eyes on them.

"Do you mind?" Caroline Forbes walked up to the two and took Kellan's arm mid laugh and dragged her away.

"Hey, what the hell's your problem?" Kellan asked as she was taken into another part of the house.

"What are you doing here, Kellan?" Caroline questioned as she stood across from her in a dazzling blue dress.

"I was invited," Kellan replied as she pulled out of her grasp. "I have as much right to be here as you do."

"You shouldn't be here," the blonde said in a warning tone.

"I don't get it. First you try to talk me into a party, and now you want me to leave one?" Kellan asked as she gave Caroline an annoyed look.

"Not this party," Caroline said desperately. "Not with these people."

Kol wandered to Rebekah within the party, leisurely drinking his champagne. "Where's your date?"

"Flirting with his ex," Rebekah replied a little bitterly.

Kol didn't mention that Caroline was with Kellan and not Matt like she thought. "You've changed, Bekah. You know, settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness."

He half expected Rebekah to retort with the fact he was there with Kellan, but she didn't.

"I'm not settling," his sister told him. "I brought him here to kill him." She earned a pleased look from Kol. "He's Elena's friend. If he dies, she suffers. But I've already been scolded once so I was hoping you'd help your baby sister out."

"And spit right in the face of mother's rules?" He grinned devilishly, "I'm in."

||

Kellan stood by herself, having left Caroline in annoyance without being able to see Kol.

She sipped on her champagne, urging to call her mother to come and get her. She saw Elijah and Finn speaking, Rebekah and the mayor but still didn't have a clue where her date had gone.

"Figures," she softly said with slight defeat as she turned towards the door.

Kol surfaced in front of her, catching Kellan by the waist before she could run off. "Not leaving, are you?"

"I just thought I'd scared you off," Kellan told him with a half smile.

"Little scares me, love. You definitely don't."

Kellan looked up at Kol, suddenly looking confused as a ripple of red crossed under his eyes. "Are you okay, Kol?"

Kol quickly excused himself, grabbing Rebekah on his way. He pulled her away from the crowd, "I'm itching to kill something."

"The mayor cornered me," Rebekah said. "Give me fifteen minutes to lure Matt outside."

"Outside," Kol repeated. "What's wrong with right here, on the stairs. Make a spectical of it."

"I don't think Kellan would appreciate that, and you sound like an idiot, Kol. Mother would kill you if you ruined her party. See you outside," Rebekah said before parting from Kol.

Kol only smiled, halfly glancing to the side frame before retreating outside.

But in the time frame given, Rebekah had caved and brought Matt inside without letting Kol touch him.

Kol slightly rolled his eyes, going back into the Mikaelson home. He skirted up to Kellan, putting a hand on her back. "I'm so sorry about that," he said to her.