Chapter 9: Angry At The World Around Me

Start from the beginning

"Stop trying to intimidate me old man. Like hell will I ever do what you say" I shot back at him angrily. He slammed a hand on the door that was just inches away from my face and it made me temporarily lose my bravado.

"Go clean it up. I'm not going to repeat myself" he said in a low, threatening voice, his sharp face obnoxiously close to mine. I could smell the alcohol on his breath with every word he uttered and it made me want to throw up.

"Get the hell out of my face. I heard you the first time and I already told you I'm not going to do what you say. End of discussion" I told him defiantly crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'll decide when this conversation is over young lady. You live under my roof, you do as I say, got it?" he asked.

"Go to hell!" I yelled at him, pushed him away, took advantage of his shock and ran out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I hurriedly unlocked my car and jumped inside. He was standing on the porch and from his angry gestures it wasn't hard to tell that he was yelling at me, but I didn't care. I turned on the car and zoomed away, glancing behind me only once before the house was left behind.

Once the house was at least five miles away from me I pulled over and took a deep, calming breath to sooth my nerves. I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror and suppressed a shudder. I was a mess.

My black eyes looked crazy, my black hair was rumpled from pulling at it in frustration and my caramel cheeks were flushed from anger. I looked like I belonged in a mental home. And to top it off I was still hungry.

I texted Will to see if he wanted to grab a bite with me at the café to talk and waited for his reply.

After waiting for several minutes I decided to head over to the café anyway and wait for him there. And hopefully he would show up. I hated to admit it but I seriously needed a friend right now and Will was the closest thing I had to one.

I was a popular cheerleader in high school. I was at the top of the food chain and head bitch. People either feared me or despised me and I was usually ok with that. I knew all the other popular kids I hung out with mostly feared me or thought of me as equal because of my social statues but none of them really cared about me. And I could sincerely say the feeling was mutual.

The sad truth was that I knew hundreds of people at school and yet I could only trust one, Will Foster. He wasn't perfect like most girls thought of him as but he was honest with me and he understood me because he happened to have a messed up lifestyle at home too. Will was also the only guy who knew my vulnerable side. Turned out I wasn't 100 percent bitch all the time. I had weak points too I just knew how to hide them and put up the tough chick front well.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice I had arrived at 'For the Love of Coffee' and almost passed it. After parking carelessly in the first spot I found I got out and headed inside.

The smell of coffee was the first thing that attacked my senses. Strange right? A cafe that smelled of coffee. I got a couple of weird looks from some people at booths and just simply glared at them and kept walking over to the line. There was only one person ahead of me but he seemed to be taking forever.

"So what's a latte? How is it different from a cappuccino?" the guy questioned obnoxiously.

"The cappuccino has less milk" the cashier answered patiently. Her voice sounded strangely familiar. Where had I heard it before? The guy was blocking my view of the girl so I couldn't really see her.

"Mmm ok, and what's a chai latte?" he asked her.

"Chai just means it's made with tea" she answered him again but this time I could tell the patience in her voice was wearing out.

"And the frappuccino?" he asked and that was the last straw for me.

"For the love of all that's holy would you just f*cking order your damn coffee before I die of old age here. Jesus!" I yelled out loud causing the guy and several other people to look at me.

"I'll just have a decaf" the guy finally ordered after all of those stupid questions. Once he got his coffee he left without so much as a glance in my direction and I finally got a good look at the cashier. It was that Hazel chick, Nirvana's best friend. Two bitches I hated. Well I didn't particularly hold a grudge against Hazel but she hung out with Nirvana so she was guilty by association.

"Thanks for getting rid of that guy he was so ob-" Hazel is saying when she glances up and realizes who she's talking too.

"You were saying, hoe?" I arched an eyebrow at her.

"Look I'm not in the mood for your crap so just tell me what you want" she let me know.

"That's just too bad cause I'm in the mood to chit chat. So how's your Germ Freak friend doing? Has she gotten over the fact that you puked all over her yet?" I asked her.

"Ugh don't even mention that trading whore to me" she grumbled. Whoa. What was that about?

"Ooh trouble in paradise?" I muttered sarcastically.

"You could say that" she said to me. So my sensors were detecting some serious drama going down in freak vile.

"Please do elaborate" I don't try to hide my interest or the smirk that makes itself present on my face.

"Like you really care. Just order the damn coffee so we can both move on with our lives" she sighs exasperatedly.

"Come on share your grief with me. Maybe I can help you get back at her if it's revenge you're seeking" I offer her suddenly losing my interest in coffee.

"Why would I tell you anything?" she asks, arching a fine, blonde eyebrow at me.

"Because we now share a common enemy, Nirvana" I tell her.

"Oh yeah and what the hell did she ever do to you to make you hate her so much huh?" she questions.

"Maybe someday I'll tell you. Now spit it out before you bore me to death and I leave your sorry ass in misery" I warn her, tapping my finger nails against the counter top impatiently.

"Fine, the bitch screwed me over with a guy. I confided in her and she betrayed me. That's all I'm telling you" she finally gives in. And it doesn't take a genius to figure out she's referring to Will. I've seen her drooling over him in the past and I recall the events of the party. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together.

"Hmm. Interesting. What would you say if I offered you a chance to get back at her?" I asked her.

"And what would you want in exchange? Come on Tara I wasn't born yesterday. Nothing is free and you're a bitch" she states plainly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"The satisfaction of ruining her is good enough for me in addition to some other small tasks. So what do you say?" I bargain with her.

"Why do I feel like I'm making a deal with the devil?" she asks but I suspect she's not seeking a real answer.

"Maybe because you are" I answer her rhetorical question anyway and we shake hands to seal the deal.

"By the way, I'll have my latte now" I order and a grin bigger than the Cheshire cat's smile plagues my face. I check my phone while I wait for my caffeine but Will's reply to my text never comes. But I don't need Will anymore since I've found another form of distraction. Hazel calls out that my order is ready and I glance around the café to notice that there are no new coming customers around.

"Bring over the coffee , get yourself a drink on me and come sit down with me. We have some plotting to do" I tell her. She complies and makes her way over to the wooden table where the start of a beautiful plan begins to formulate.

A/N: There you go. A sneak peak inside Tara's mind and life.

Comments, votes and fans are greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading you just made my night :)

Picture of Tara on the side --------------------------------->>>>>>>