Chapter Six: False Alarm

Nash's POV

I am excited! It's gonna be Maggie's night! Well, actually, after our talk and in school, I immediately texted mom to cook because Maggie's FRIEND is coming over for dinner.

When I got home, I saw Maggie sitting on the stair.

"Maggie, um, I am really sorry. Don't be angry, please? You, grudging towards me is not what I want. I didn't expect you to be like this. Forgive me okay?" I explained, with pleading eyes.

"Whatever! Fine! I forgive you. But don't do it again! Okay?"

I knew it! It's irresistible!

I nodded.

I quickly lead her to my room. I opened my closet and find perfect clothes for her. And after twenty minutes, I gave her a strapless silky red dress with matching beige suede platform.

Woah. She is gorgeous!

She told me she'll take care about her make up and just focus on my hairstyle. I braided her hair and stopped on the middle and curled the end of her hair.

"Thank you so much! I'm happy having you as my sister. I can't be this pretty without your help!" she squeals, hugging me.

"Now go to your room and finish your look. I'll just take a bath and get ready." I said.

She nodded.

I went inside the bathroom and take a bath. While washing away the bath gel on my body, I heard something outside the shower.

"Maggie? Are you there?" I shouted.

But then, something dropped on the floor.

Goosebumps.

I discreetly climbed out of the shower, toweled off and grab the small tub.

One more thing to do, collect all my strength with me.

It was a guy. I can barely see his shadow coming to the door.

And-

Slam!

"What the heck!" he shouted.

"Lincoln?"

"Why did you do that?"

He's so loud!

"Be quiet, could you? If Maggie heard you, I swear I'll throw you off the window!"

"I just went from there."

I pushed him outside the bathroom and asked him how he got here.

"Window."

Now I see.

"Where's your flower?"

"It can't be forgotten." he smiled.

He quickly walk to the window side of the bed and picked up the bouquet of roses. Disheveled.

"Now get out of here before someone sees you!" I groaned.

I heard footsteps coming towards the door. And knock.

"Nash? What's happening inside? Can I come in?"

Maggie!

"Hide!" I whispered to Lincoln.

"Wait a minute, Maggie! I'm calling someone right now!" I shouted.

I hold his hand and took him inside the closet.

"Come in." I sighed.

"What was that sound?"

"My caller," I said and tried to change the topic. "Hey, you're make up! Aren't you finished yet?"