01: Accidents & Boredom

ACCIDENTS & BOREDOM

~

They said I should write about it. What the hell is this? Some sort of intervention? I mean, it wasn’t even that bad. Sure, we had a minor problem, but I don’t need to write a fucking book about it.

Who’s going to read it, anyway? The fans? I wish you could hear me scoff right now. They’ve long since caught on, I’m sure. They know everything. I seriously don’t know how they do it, honestly.

Okay, sorry. They’re looking over my shoulder at what I’m writing. Said I should get back on topic. Who the fuck cares?

They also said I should stop cursing. I’ll try, but don’t blame me if a word or two gets stuck in there.

This whole predicament begins on a plane.

No…a jet. Yeah, everything started on a private jet, carrying myself, the other four members of One Direction, and some security guards.

The jet was flying from New York City to London. So, as you can tell…that’s a pretty long flight. About seven hours. And, considering the fact that we left in the afternoon, you can only sleep for so long.

Well, that’s what I thought. (I’m Louis, by the way. Nice to meet you.)

I was tired of sleeping. I was tired of being in the air. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of flying. The way your ears popped, the turbulence, the chance that you could crash any second (even though it’s not very likely) are factors of this opinion. After a long day, I’d slept the night away and didn’t think it was possible to sleep even more.

How did the others do it?

They’d all slept the same amount as me.

But Harry was passed out beside me, his big fat curly head leaning against the window that currently had its shade down, so I couldn’t even look at the view. Not like there was much of view; it was getting dark pretty fast. Niall was curled up on the couch, Paul nodding off beside him. Zayn was knocked out, and guess what Liam was doing?

If you guessed sleeping, you win a million bucks.

Anywho, yeah, everyone was sleeping. But me. And I was bored out of my mind. No one to talk to. Nothing to see or do.

I’d scrolled through Twitter, beat my high score three times in Subway Surfers, tapped away on Candy Crush, and basically done everything there was to do on my phone.

I sighed before taking it out again, unlocking it and flipping through the home screens, as if some new thing would magically pop up for me to do.

No such luck.

The Gods must hate me.

Well actually, there was one thing I hadn’t done. I hadn’t gone on the internet.

The internet is an evil place.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone loves the internet. Heck, we wouldn’t even be here today if it weren’t for websites like YouTube. The whole world knows about us, and we basically owe it to the wonderful interweb.

But then again, the internet was also full of shit – I mean crap – I mean - hold on, crap isn’t a curse word! They need to stop yelling at me. Their spit flies.

So, where was I again? Oh, yes. The internet can either make you or break you. I don’t usually let that stuff bother me, like the hate and all the gossip and lies – but it annoys me that it’s there. It’ll always be there. Whatever goes on there never goes away, no matter what you do. So even if our management tried to take down all the bad articles and commentary, it would just be a hopeless attempt. It never leaves.