Chapter 7

It has been weeks since Rusty and I escaped to the sewers with an unconscious X-Ray and Vav in our arms. Over that time they trained themselves with a bit of my help and our plan was now setting in motion.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Vav asked me as we went through the sewers.

"Yes I'm sure, I memorized the layout. We'll be under Hilda's lab at the next corner." I told Vav and he nodded leading the way. I jogged between the two as we turned a corner and quickly pressed ourselves to the wall as to not fall in the glowing green substance. "Let's see what we're dealing with X-Ray." Vav said with seriousness.

"Way ahead of you buddy. I've got two, no. Scratch that one life form, readings indicate it's the objective." X-Ray said activating his x-ray vision while looking up.

"Toppers. Let's drop in for some how's your father, shall we?" Vav said with a grin while giving me a nudge in my side making me bump X-Ray. I pushed Vav's arm down giving him a face as X-Ray started making a hole above us. "Tease it, tease it." Vav said starting to sweat watching X-Ray.

When he finished and that piece of the floor fell X-Ray crouched under it holding his hands out. I placed a foot in his hands while placing a hand on his shoulder to steady myself. "Ready?" I asked him and he nodded. X-Ray pushed me up and I quickly grabbed the edge climbing up before looking back down the hole.

X-Ray jumped up and I quickly grabbed his hand pulling him up, when he was next to me he looked around before leaving my side. Vav walked under the hole and jumped up,  I grabbed his hand pulling him up as well. Vav quickly ran to X-Ray and Hilda, who he held since she is still under the Corpirate's control. Vav pulled a tinfoil hat out and put it on her.

"Miss Hilda your back!" Vav exclaimed with a smile.

I walked over to them as she gave X-Ray an annoyed look, "Why are you touching me?" Hilda asked as her eyes went back to normal, pulling away and he let go of her. His victorious smile that he had before gone with an annoyed frown. "Sorry we took so long." I said to her.

"What? What do you mean?" She asked rubbing her head.

"You've been under the Corpirate's mind control for weeks now." Vav told her. "You missed a lot of crazy shit, like a lot." X-Ray said and I nodded. "So we busted into his tower to save you." Vav said after with a smile while punching his fist into his palm.

"Wait, you guys infiltrated this place?" Hilda asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah and you're welcome by the way." X-Ray said in annoyance while rolling his eyes slightly. "I'm just amazed you guys managed to be so covert, well I believe Mavis could do it." Hilda said turning to look at him. "Yeah, well we're kind of badasses now. Being the only hope for the city does that to people." X-Ray bragged with a grin making me roll my eyes.

"We've been training. With a bit of help from Mavis." Vav said with a smile putting his hands at his hips.

Suddenly the alarms started going off and red lights flashed startling us all slightly. Vav lowered his arms while frowning and Hilda made an annoyed expression, "You morons forgot to deactivate the motion sensor alarm, didn't you?" Hilda asked pinching her nose with a sigh at the beginning. "Eh, nobody's perfect." X-Ray said with a shrug. The flashing lights and alarms stopped as the door opened.

"Freeze! Hands in the air!" A goon yelled pointing his weapon along with the other two.

"Uh oh, we're going to need to find a way out of here." Vav said. Hilda and I quickly looked around and spotted the canon at the same time, "Leave it to us." We said at the same time jogging to the canons.

I started to move one of the canons towards a wall while Hilda grabbed a canon ball, I tilted it back slightly then let it go. We both then loaded the canon ball inside before getting behind the canon and fired it making a giant hole in the wall. We both turned to X-Ray and Vav with a grin, Hilda giving them a thumbs up.

"Let's go!" Vav said to X-Ray, running to us.

"Wait, what's the next part?" X-Ray asked glancing back at Vav as a loud noise got closer. "We jump." I said smirking as Rusty pulled up in a chopper, we all ran towards it. "Where did that come from?!" Hilda yelled over the noise of the chopper. "Shut up and jump!" X-Ray yelled back to her as we all got closer to the hole then jumped, "Parkour." He said as something exploded behind us and we all landed inside the chopper.

"Welcome aboard." Rusty said with a chuckle.

I rubbed my back slightly as Orf floated over my head to Hilda. "Hilda! You've been reprogrammed!" Orf said happily making Hilda smile as soon as she saw her. She grabbed Orf, "Orf, oh I'm so glad to see you." Hilda said pulling Orf into a hug. I smiled a little seeing them together.

"Lame." X-Ray said slowly, drooping his eyes,

And he ruined their moment. "Sooo, the Corpirate definitely knows we're here now." Vav said rubbing his shoulder. Rusty was suddenly crouching between me and Vav, "Ah, that's why I'm taking us to the top of the tower. Straight to the amplifier." He said pointing a finger up. "Rusty, that's a brilliant idea! We'll strike it full force." Vav said confidently with a grin.

"Damn straight." X-Ray said pointing a finger to him when I came to realization and cut him off.

"Wait, who's flying the chopper?" I asked making everyone's eyes widen.