Chapter 3

I sat in the drivers seat of Rusty's van while he sat in the back to give directions. I sighed tapping the wheel with a finger while watching X-Ray, Vav and Hilda. Rusty turned up the volume on the speaker so that I can hear them from the front.

"This is so exciting. Breaking and entering for justice." Vav said bringing his fist up with a grin. "I threw some equipment together with some of the garbage in the alley, we're going in through the ventilation shaft on the second floor." Hilda explained.

"Shouldn't be hard for a parkour master." X-Ray said while crossing his arms with a smirk.

"Please spare us the sight of you falling your ass and use the grappling hook in your utility pants." Hilda said while crossing her arms. "Utility pants, What?" Vav asked as he opened his utility pants to look inside. I sighed, "This is ridiculous." I muttered.

"Your telling me sister." Rusty said while shaking his head.

"Your over undies, they're lined with the spacial ripped multiplyer. Turns them into bottomless pockets." Hilda explained to them with a grin. "Your brothers sure are special if they didn't notice that before." Rusty said to me and I chuckled. "They are X-Ray and Vav after all." I replied back.

"True."

"Woah! It's like it goes on forever." X-Ray said as he pulled the front of his over undies out, putting a hand in. Both him and Vav feeling around there over undies. "Neeto." Vav said happily. I started to tune out if their conversation when Rusty sparked one with me.

"You know Mavis, we should design you a superhero costume." He started off.

I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow. "What, why? I have no need for one." I said to him. He shrugged. "Well I mean you are X-Ray and Vav's personal superhero, why not dress the part for it." Rusty said as he typed on the computer. "What's wrong with my usual clothes?" I asked feeling a little offended.

"Nothing's wrong with it, I just think it would make more sense. Plus if you did get one maybe the three of you would become an official trio again."

"Woah, woah, woah. First of all I don't need a superhero costume. Secondly it doesn't really make sense. And thirdly, how dare you. X-Ray, Vav and I will always be an official trio; with or without the bloody costumes. Got it?" I said glaring at him fiercely making him put his hands up in surrender. "I got it, I got it." He said not wanting to piss me off more.

"Rusty will guide us from the unmarked van across the street while Mavis waits with him in case we need back up, Rusty you copy?" We both heard.

"Roger loud and clear, whatever; head for the security room then split up there." Rusty said as he looked over the blueprints. "I hope they haven't done anything to Orf, it may be hard to believe but-" In the middle of Hilda speaking Rusty the volume it down. "Mavis I have a bad feeling about this." Rusty said with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm starting to feel it too. I won't go in until they've been compromised though."

"Well I know that." Rusty said rolling his eyes. I grabbed the empty coffee cup from the cup holder and threw it in the back hitting him in the face. "Ow." He muttered rubbing the spot as he turned the volume up again.

"We've breached the security room." Vav said reporting Rusty.

"Shut down the security system and it will unlock all the doors. There's probably a
guard there too so, you know, don't fuck it up." Rusty told them. I sighed tapping the wheel with my fingers again. "We'll be silent and swift, like ninjas." X-Ray whispered back. It went silent over the radio and I started to tap my fingers more. "Stop that, your gonna make me start worrying." Rusty told me and I huffed continuing to do it but more quietly.

"I'M A NINJA!" X-Ray suddenly yelled and the sound of what is possible his x-ray glasses came after.

I faced palmed myself sighing. "Idiots." I muttered.