Chapter 7

** Allie's Point of View **

So, if you're wondering what happened with the whole 'guy-trying-to-run-us-over-thing', here's the whole story. Sadly, Cameron didn't push me out of the way of the car-that only happens in the movies. And unfortunately, this is real life. Besides, I think Cameron was just as scared as I was. Once we both realized what was happening, we both jumped out of the way of the old, crappy station wagon, as it sped out of the desolate fields. After it had disappeared, Cameron and I just sat in the uncomfortable gravel path for a minute, desperately trying to grasp onto reality, and process the horror of what had just occurred.

My hands, and practically my whole body, were shaking. I don't know about Cameron, but I was in complete shock. I had never been in that kind of situation before. Once we got up from the cold and rough ground, Cameron and I just kind of stared at each other for a moment, not really knowing exactly what to say or do. Then, without saying a word, we glanced over at where the car had been parked, then turned around and walked out of the fields.

* * *

About an hour later, Cameron and I were out of the fields. We said a bit of a short and awkward goodbye, then went our separate ways. I still had to head back to school to get my bike. But of course, all I could think about was what had just occurred. 'Why was that guy trying to kill us? I don't even know him. Or do I?' Thinking back to the quick glance I got of the driver, I realized that he was actually wearing a mask. I think he was wearing a cherry red ski mask, but I'm not exactly sure. When he saw us and got into his car, he was faster then a bullet shooting through thin air. I think that the mask had a small logo on it.

'Wait, what was the mystery guy doing before he saw us?' I can't believe I didn't ask myself this question before. Maybe he was trying to run us over because we caught him doing something bad. Like really bad. I felt so paranoid and petrified. I couldn't get the feeling out of my mind; I was constantly looking behind me, searching for the creepy guy that we had escaped back in the fields.

When I was younger, I was extremely interested in murder mysteries. Actually, I still kind of am. But seriously, I was like obsessed. They were the only things I would read and watch. So I kind of naturally became a paranoid person, since the majority of books I would read, the victim would get into this whole mess when he or she was kidnapped. Wherever I went on my own, I would think that I would get abducted or murdered, but mostly both. That probably has some effect on what I'm feeling now, I feel like the main character in one of my books. When I reached my destination of the school, I'd had enough dizziness and frustration from all the questions and paranoid feeling, so I unlocked my bike and quickly rode for a little while, desperately wanting the safety of my home.