Nicole x Dante // Training Wheels

A little A/N before I start.
1. This one-shot is inspired my Melanie Martinez's song "Training Wheels"
2. Yes, I ship Dancole
And
3. This is Riley (_RileyWrites_ ) and I plan to be updating every Sunday! Stay tuned to see when everyone else updates and be sure to follow everyone in the group! Merci! Arigato! Gracias! Danke!

Much Love <3

~Riley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

"C'mon Dante!" Nicole yells after her blue-headed friend, panting on the way up the paved hill.

"I'm...*gasp*... coming!" Dante responds while sweating buckets. Nicole just rolls her eyes as she patiently waits for Dante to walk up the mere hill, tapping her foot for every second that goes by.

As Dante reaches the top, he collapses onto the asphalt, scratching his cheek in the process.

"How do you make it up so fast, Nicole?" he asks Nicole as she helps him off his feet.

"This hill is nothing compared to the running my dad makes me do. It's kinda sad that it took you two hundred of my foot taps. That's beside the point anyway," Nicole says, letting out an annoyed gasp of air. "Now, come over here so I can put a band-aid on your cheek," she says, grabbing for the plastic bandage inside her red bike's basket.

"N-No. I don't need one Nicole! I'm eight years old; I can take care of myself, thank you very much!" Dante turns around, his arms crossed, facing the opposite direction of where Nicole is standing.

Nicole slowly becomes flushed, wondering what to do to not make him even madder than he already is.

"Umm... Do you still want me to teach ya?" Nicole asks after a couple minutes of silence between the two children.

"Hphm.... Fiiiiine," Dante grunts turn back to face Nicole. Nicole gives Dante a bright smile and Dante attempts to smile back.

"Okay! Let's start with the basics," Nicole starts. "This is the seat," she says while pointing the the cushioned fabric on Dante's bike. "Make sure it is comfortable, my dad taught me how to adjust it if it's too high for you."

Dante nods while taking in the small amount of information. "These are the pedals," Nicole continues. "When you are sitting, you move your feet on these. It's what makes the bike move. When you pedal, rotate your feet forward to go faster and backwards to stop."

"Okay! Sounds good! Is that it?" Dante beams, glowing with anticipation.

"Mmm... Almost," Nicole says. Dante rolls his eyes as Nicole lets out a small giggle. "Lastly, these are the training wheels. These 'bad boys' will help yo--"

"Wait.... 'Training' Wheels?" Dante asks while Nicole nods, ready to continue. Dante immediately cuts her off just as she is about to talk once again. "Aren't training wheels for babies? For the toddlers who are just learning to ride a bike?"

Nicole tries to respond once again as Dante continues. "PAH-LEASE." Dante rolls his eyes once again. "Take them off."

"But---" Nicole starts but gets cut off once again.

"No buts. Trust me, I can take it."

"Are you sure?" Nicole questions one more time, her hand on her hips.

"Positive," Dante says like it is no big deal. "I can take anything. Watch and learn, sister."

Nicole grabs for the wrench in her bike basket, thinking of all of the hilarious scenarios that could result in this decision. She quickly takes off the beat-up plastic wheels and places them in her bike pouch. Dante squeals with excitement as he jumps onto the bike. It immediately topples over, crushing himself on the grass.

"Hahahaha," Nicole snickers.

"Not funny!" Dante pouts, while Nicole continues to laugh. "Help me, will ya?"

"Haha.... Sure," She says, leaning over and holding out a hand for him to grab. He smiles and gradually lifts his hand towards her. Nicole immediately blushes at this and helps him off of the ground.

"Are- Uh... You- Um, Sure you don't want training wheels Mr. 'I'm-eight-years-old-I-can-take-care-of-myself'?" Nicole stutters, waiting for Dante's answer while laughing nervously.

"Whatever..." Dante responds. Nicole smiles and took his new bike off the dirt. She walked over to her bike where the wrench and mini plastic wheels lay. Nicole quickly attached the baby blue wheels to the bright blue two-wheeler.

She put her hand on the seat, patting it to indicate for him to get on. Dante rolled his eyes and sat on the pavement, not wanting to be treated like a little kid.

"Dante...." Nicole said in an annoyed tone, motioning him over to the bike. "You want to learn, don't you?" Dante quickly became aware of how he was acting and hopped right onto the bike, adjusting his hands to wrap around the straight handlebars. "Okay Dante. Let's start slow."

Nicole kept her hand wrapped around the seat while the free hand was gripped on the stem of the bike. Dante wearily put his feet onto the pedals, peddling leisurely in a wobbly motion.

Dante sped up,  slowly but surely, to a normal speed. Nicole jogged to keep up, slowly taking her hands off the bike.

Dante's blue locks got caught in the wind, making Dante very calm and relaxed. He gradually took his feet off the pedals as the hill moved the wheels themselves. He blocked out any surrounding sounds, including Nicole's yelling behind him.

"DANTE! STOP!" Nicole kept yelling, chasing after her best friend. "PUT YOUR FEET BACK ON THE PEDALS! YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP!"

"Huh?" Dante said as he turned to face Nicole who was now far behind him. He turned back to face the hill, only to find himself nearing a rather large tree. He turned the handlebars away from the rapidly growing tree, just barely dodging it with a mere scratch.

Dante fell into the grass and leaf mixture, a smile plastered on his face.

"D... DANTE?" Nicole panted, catching up to Dante being crushed, one again, by his bike. "You... Okay?"

"That. Was. AWESOME!" Dante responded, jumping back onto his feet. "Aside from running into a tree..."

"UHHHHHH," Nicole grunted, looking at her friend. She noticed the situation and began to laugh uncontrollably. "HAHA. Ha. Whew... Okay! Let's go get you a band aid from my bike and ride our bikes back to my place."

"Heh... Sounds great," Dante responded, picking up his toppled over bike. "T-Thanks. For helping me."

"Huh?" Nicole murmured as Dante's lips touched her cheek. He faced immediately began to burn up, turning bright magenta pink. "Oh...Um... Your... Uh... Welcome?"

Dante starts to blush slightly also as they walk up the hill, each laying a hand on the bright blue bike, chattering about whatever comes to mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------