[90]. Treat You Better (Himuro x Reader)

~Treat You Better - Himuro Tatsuya~

I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you

"You're such an asshole! I hate you!" You screamed at your boyfriend after getting out the car and slammed the door shut.

Your boyfriend rolled down his windows and stuck his head out, "Yeah, f*ck you, too!" He screamed back.

You started running upstairs to your apartment, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. You kept telling yourself not to cry yet as you grabbed your keys from the pot plant next to the door.

Your hands were shaking and you could feel a lump clogging your throat, you felt like you were choking. But you didn't want to break down in front of your apartment door, what if your neighbors hear you again?

Although, you couldn't hold it back anymore after unlocking the door, as your mind continued to replay what happened earlier. Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

You quickly swung the door open and locked it before sliding down against it. You felt your throat tighten and your breathing was unsteady, but you tried to control it. You even attempted to stop crying, but it made you cry harder.

It wasn't long before you heard a knock on the door. You wondered if it was your neighbors. You must've been crying pretty loudly... You got up to open the door, not bothering to wipe the tears from your face as it continued to flow down.

And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it on your face

Much to your surprise, it wasn't your neighbors who knocked. When you opened the door, you saw Himuro Tatsuya and though he always had a poker face, you can see in his eyes that he was quite astonished from the unexpected sight.

"Tatsuya...!" You cried and threw yourself on him.

The said boy instinctively wrapped his arms around you tightly. He could hear your hitched breathing and didn't let you go until you calmed down in his hold.

---

When you say that he's the one that you want

"He's not right for you, (First Name)...," Himuro told you, "How he treats you is how he feels about you, and right now he's been treating you... Treating you like shit."

You were taken aback from Himuro's words, but he was right. Your boyfriend was treating you like shit. Though times were always tough between you and your boyfriend, you'd never break up with him because you loved him.

And you're spending all your time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop

But Himuro knew you didn't, he could see it. Heck, he heard it! You were only lying to yourself; you were only trying to make yourself believe you love the asshole. Why did you in the first place? Oh, right, because he threatened you.

"You're wasting your time on someone like him. You need find someone else, someone who treats you like they really do love you," Himuro continued.

I know I can treat you better than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman

He wanted to say that to you. He wanted to tell you that he was the one for you. That he'd love you so much more. That he'd treat you so much better. You deserved so much more.

"Tell me why are we wasting time on all your wasted crying? You wouldn't have to feel this way if you broke up with him. He's caused you so much pain."