Chapter 28 & 29

(AUTHOR'S NOTE! IMPORTANT! If you can't remember who Dorian is, go and re-read chapter 10. It's really short.)

28 Adelaide.

The four white walls of the hospital room were making me crazy, everything seemed too white and sterile. Clean. Colorless. Dead. I didn't belong here. The white light played off the walls and seemed too bright to my eyes. I was alone trapped by these four walls. It was so silent with no sign of anybody else

My white wedding dress seemed like it was mocking me. A symbol of everything that could have been. Everything that should have been and everything I lost in a mere few hours.

And yet thinking about those few hours it seems more like weeks; the police, my mother, Xavier. Oh, Xavier please be okay, please. I need you.

I don't even know where he is. I can't get to him. Oh no. I was locked in this room with people coming in and poking and prodding me. Trying to figure out what's wrong with me.

The door opened and my doctor walked in. Oh brother, here we go again.

"Adelaide, I know your scared but I promise your safe now, he's locked behind bars. He can't hurt you anymore, your safe here, Adelaide." She said in the tone a mother would use on a frightened child.

Locked behind bars... Xavier. No. No, no no. She's wrong she has to be wrong! He can't be. He promised that he would come for me, he promised!

The doctor was still speaking in that soothing tone of hers but I couldn't hear what she was saying. It felt like she was a million miles away from me, like I was in a different world, my own world.

I came back to my senses when the door was thrown open and loudly hit the wall behind it.

The doctor and I both jumped before turning to see who it was. Dorian?! I jumped up and immediately ran to him, he caught me into a crushing hug and picked me up bridal style, slowly backing out the door with a gun trained on the frozen doctor.

"It's okay, Princess. I have you now, we're going home. The home where you belong, with me." He said gently when he closed and locked the door behind us.

"Dorian! Oh, thank you, thank you. Where's Xavier? We need to go get him. She- the doctor- she said that he was in jail. Where is he? Is he with you? Did he come for me with you?" I ranted on and on before I caught site of Dorian's murderous expression.

"Dorian?" I asked in a small voice. His eyes were emotionless as he looked down at me, his hand tightening painfully on my waist and legs at the mention of Xavier's name. He looked at me like he finally had his most prized possession and he had no intentions of ever letting me go.

I started shaking and not from the cold. I was scared.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE! IMPORTANT! If you can't remember who Dorian is, go and re-read chapter 10. It's really short.)

29 Xavier

As I pace back and forth in this little cell they are trying to keep me in the only thought running through my head is that this was not the way imagined spending my wedding night, in a cold, rotten and dirty cell. The thought is almost laughable.

They can't keep me here, they have no proof that we killed the girl who looks like Adelaide, her death could have been random for all they know. A girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time... They will have to release me in the morning, they can't hold me without proof and then I'll go get Adelaide and we'll disappear again. Together.

Damn that stupid woman! Adelaide's "mother", like she could even be called a mother. This is all her fault, everything.

Adelaide... where are you? Do you know that your the only person my heart beats faster and slower for at the same time for? I'll come for you, I promise. I'll never leave you again. I'll love you till my last breath and even after that.

I jumped when the door opened and swung around to face Dorian... One of the guards who brought Adelaide to me, her personal guard. But what was he doing here? Have they finally released me? Adelaide...

"Dorian, what's going on?" I asked keeping my tone even, not showing any of the emotions I was feeling.

"Well, Xavier," he said my name with such hate I was stunned for a moment.

"What's going on is that I am here to tell you that you lost, you are so trusting and what did that bring you? A jail cell with Adelaide far away from you, weak and vulnerable, making this the perfect time for me to make her mine." He said with a slight laugh.

"Your were the one who helped her mother find us, aren't you? I knew someone had to have helped her, she shouldn't have been able to find the island." I said, silently shaking with my rage.

"Ding, ding, ding. Not so naive after all, Xavier. I'm impressed. But non of that matters now. I have what I wanted now. And I want Adelaide, Xavier. She was meant to be with me, not you. I wanted her since the moment I had to bring her to you. I knew it was only a question of time where I would finally have her. She'll forget all about you, Xavier and will learn to love me." He said grinning at me.

"That will never happen Dorian, get that through your head, she loves me. Not. You. She will never love you, not as long as I'm alive and breathing, I won't allow you to take her from me. No one will ever take her from me. Never. I love her." I said moving to stand in front of Dorian. Adelaide is mine and always will be and he is not taking her away from me.

"Your right, I guess i need to make sure you stop breathing then." He said right before he launched himself at me.

I ducked out of his way and landed a kick straight into his stomach making him hit one of the walls in my cell. He climbed unsteadily to his feet and tried to jump at me and again I simply moved out of his way making him collide with the iron cot in my cell and fall to the floor unmoving.

I made my way over to him and held him up by the collar of his shirt.

"Where is she?" I asked shaking him slightly.

"Where is Adelaide, Dorian?!" I yelled when he kept his silence.

"My home, I took her from the hospital." He rasped out.