Chapter Twenty Four: "Sucks for you"

"A guy and a girl could be friends but would fall for each other at some point. Some temporarily, too late and maybe forever"

I was heading towards my locker after an exhausting day. I expected this day to be full of laughter and cries

But then suddenly Laura jumped right in front of me making me stop.

"Why in a hurry?" she asks with a cheeky tone

"I'm not, in fact, I'd slow down time if I could" I replied with a chuckle and continued walking.

Today was the last day of junior year. Other people are celebrating, having a night out, or sometimes getting drunk just because they're happy.

"So what do you plan on doing for your summer vacation?" she asked trying to change the subject. I've been blabbing about Gavin's flight for at least four months, that's why if she senses that I'm about to blab again, she changes the topic.

"Wake up, eat, watch chick flicks, sleep" I said bluntly as I opened my locker and immediately saw the memories I'll leave behind.

Junior year may be the most crazy, unexpected and overwhelming year in my life, but it helped me. It helped me realize who my true friends are, who can I trust, what I lost and what I have to do to get them back.

There was pictures, papers, doodles and even tiny wrappers which I don't remember taping there. I make my locker my 'scrapbook', I don't care if it looks crappy for you, as long as for me it's perfect.

"Wow, that is soooo exciting" she said sarcastically. I slapped her arm playfully and got the remaining things I have before completely saying goodbye to the title of a 'junior'.

"I know, I can't wait to start tomorrow." I chuckled "Shall we go home now?" I asked. Laura promised me that she'll drive me home today since she'll be leaving for New York tomorrow.

"About that, I'm kinda driving with Owen today. Sorry, Sav" she looked at me guiltily

I just shrugged "Sure, I understand. It's not like it's the first time that my best friend bailed on me" I winked and skipped through the hallways to find Gavin.

"I'm gonna drop by your house tomorrow before I leave, okay?" She shouted

I glanced behind my shoulder "Yeah, sure. Bye L!" I waved and continued my way to who knows where the hell is Gavin.

As I skipped through the hallways, a well-toned chest hit me but he swiftly caught me in his arms before I fell.

"Woah, a little excited to end the school year?" Andrew said to me as he put me down back to my feet

I chuckled "Excited to get away from you" I joked. Apparently, Andrew's also leaving for the summer. He's going somewhere closer to Eleanor's college. I know, they're so sweet it sickens me. But the problem is that this summer, I'm left with Monica as my friend. I may have said that I forgave her but she's got to earn my trust, again

Oh, wait. I still have Daniel and Megan. I smirked

He faked cry "Wow, that's just so nice" he said

I punched him on the arm playfully "Oh c'mon! You know I don't mean that!" I said

He smiled and squeezed me with his freakishly long arms "I know you don't" he said and he let me go "I'm gonna miss you, Sav! Just tell me if that boyfriend of your's lays a finger on you. I'm just a phone call away!" he said as he messed up my hair.