Chapter Five: It's surely his loss

Chapter 5: It's surely his loss

"Why are you trying to fit in when you were born to stand out?"

~

Zach approaches me and I feel awkward since our first and last conversation happened last night and it didn't really end up good. All thanks to the butt that just had to get in the conversation.

"Savannah! Wait up!" he yelled, jogging to my direction.

He looked so..cute? Well let's just say his brownish blond hair was all tousled perfectly, his chocolate brown eyes directly looking at me and he was wearing jeans, a fitted black v-neck shirt with a leather jacket which added to his hotness meter.

"Savannah! I said I'd talk to you, right?" then I suddenly remember his text earlier.

"yes? But you didn't really tell me why" I replied

"I just wanted to clear things out" he said avoiding eye contact. Was I really that ugly? Or is he nervous about this?

"what thing?" I asked

"About you and Gavin's..relationship" seriously? This is what's troubling him? I couldn't care less about this. As long as I know the truth then I'm perfectly fine.

"Didn't I make it obvious last night? Let me see, I got into a fight with him, felt uncomfortable with him, avoided him and stormed off his house. Doesn't that give you a hint?" I say bitterly. I didn't mean to be rude but it's just whenever Gavin's the topic it always goes to my bad side.

"Somehow, yes. But I want to hear the answer from you"

"No, Zach. We are not in any relationship at all. Besides, we're not even friends" I say spotting my tree along the way.

He let out some kind of calming sigh and he felt more relaxed this time.

"why are you asking?" I ask him

"Nothing, it was just my curiosity that brought me here" he says with a smirk on his face, I can tell his happier now knowing that he's always the person who's jolly and doesn't give in to his problems.

"So now your curiosity is gone, why are you still here?"

"C'mon Savannah! Is it really that bad hanging out with you? Jeez, maybe that's why Gavin keeps on telling me things about you"

"somehow, negative things" he added

"What?" I yell causing the student's attention nearby turn to us.

"Nothing to see here! Go do your own crap everyone!" Zach said waving his hands up in the air with a glint of worry and joy in his face. It's hard to read this guy, he's different, bad-good kind of different.

"Now" I said as Zach turns to face me "What are the things that the butt's saying?" I say with one brow raised to add effect of my annoyed look.

"I was just joking Savannah!" He says letting out a small chuckle which was cute.

"What the hell, Zach?" I say slapping his shoulder

Zach rubbed his shoulder "Ow! Relax! Why are you affected by it? You're not even friends, right?" he said copying my voice of how I said it earlier. Lucky for me, I spot my tree a few steps ahead. So I avoid anything he says next and pull out my Nicholas Sparks book. I make my way to sit down at my tree and not minding anything around me for a second.

"Savannah!" I didn't realize Zach was still there giving me a what-are-you-doing look.