From Bad To Worst: Part Four

"Alpha! Calm down!"

I swirled around and grabbed him by the neck, slamming him into the nearby wall. I growled in his face as my canines extended. "Don't tell me what to do, pup," I menacingly snapped. I was on the edge of a cliff and ready to fall into the temptation to kill everyone just to find her. It's been three months. Three long fucking months without her by my side and I'm about to lose my sanity.

I had Jackson, not my Beta but a warrior I had given order to protect her when she goes to the spot in the woods, in my death grip. I know he's trying. Everyone was. But I'm furious with myself. I couldn't stop them from taking her. I, couldn't track them. I felt useless and pathetic. "Alpha," my Beta called out strongly as I snapped my head his direction. "Let him go before you kill him."

I growled and glared back at the pup in my hands. "Get out of my fucking sight and track those marks," I ordered as I shoved him towards the Beta who caught him. "Don't come back until you have a lead."

"Yes, Alpha," he hoarsely answered then fled.

Beta sighed and looked at me. "We're going to find her, Sol." I tugged my hair back and turned away from him. "I'm not going to tell you to give us time. I'm not going to tell you that you're going to be okay. It's been a long time and I see that both you and your wolf is on edge. So as a friend, I'm asking you to step back and take a breather. Go for a run. Something other than trying to kill your own warriors for trying their best to find their Luna."

I clenched my fists tighter at my sides.

He came over and patted my shoulder. "Let me do this, Alpha. I got your back and I will find her. Clear your head and when it's clear, come find me."

I brushed his hand off my shoulder and glared at him. "I lost her once and yet almost lost her the second time. I don't need to clear my head, Beta. I need to find my mate and bring her home back where she belongs."

Beta looked at me with defeat and finally nodded. "Yes, Alpha," he said as he bowed his head then left me alone in my study. I watched the door close and when it did, I had hoped it would open again to reveal Madeline. But...All I got was a closed door and silence that sliced through the air and pierced through my heart.

No heartwarming laughter. No soothing voice. No heavenly scent. Nothing.

I felt broken. She's far enough for me not to be able to link with her either, or she was sleeping for it not to go through. I exited the study and down the solitude stairs and out the house, shifting out of anguish. I need her. Bad.

I ran out of the territory and continued my way to Madeline's old cabin house. I stood before the cabin and all past emotions I had felt came rushing back. The anger and frustration. The sadness and depression. It was as if I lost her to death but I knew she is still alive. She's out there somewhere either scared or terrified and confused.

Madeline had asked me what I was so afraid of and I replied back that I was afraid of losing her and here I am today, three months later, trying to find her and ended up failing.

I entered the cabin and looked around the vined home of what my little mate had once lived in. I laid on my stomach and dropped my head on my front legs and just let the sadness wash over me.

I soon drifted off to sleep and when I awoke, it was dark out and my warriors were screaming in my head which was the cause of me waking up in the first place. "Alpha!"

"What?!" I snapped as I stood up and stretched.

"I think we found her."

"We'll meet back on territory."

I looked around the cabin and bid it farewell as I darted my way back home. As I reached the rowdy crowd, I shifted back and walked to the middle of it all as my pack made way for me to get through. "Where?"

"Far east from here. Hidden in the rocky mountains and past the Black River," Jackson answered. "The place is highly guarded though."

I stayed silent. Waiting for more information. Waiting for the one thing I needed to hear from their scout. Jackson's face lit up. "I saw Luna trying to fight her way out with another she-wolf by her side but they couldn't get far before they both were taken down and separated."

The only pack known to hide themselves are as said. The Black River pack. It was rumored that it was like a mental hostility where members of the pack were insane and out of their minds crazy. It was said the previous Alpha had over drugged his pack with silver and wolfsbane so they would forget who they were since he was not able to continue being Alpha.

It had worked if it wasn't for the Elder of the Council and their men to show up and put a stop to it. The Alpha was executed and the now standing Alpha was taking over.

"Get me the Elder of the Council." I ordered and walked back into the pack house. I got myself dressed and headed into my study where Gamma and Beta awaited.

"Here is Alpha now," Gamma said as I sat down.

"Talk," I demanded.

"There is no Black River pack anymore Alpha Sol," Elder Maya said tiredly. "When we had put a stop to Black River, we made sure all members were taken back to cure. Even the Alpha's son, Ace has been taken in. The place has been swept and secured off."

"Then why is it that my warriors found my mate and their Luna hostage at the place you had so called secured off?" I snapped. "If you're asking me, your reports are lies."

She sighed. "I'm sorry to hear that she's gone missing, Alpha Sol. But that is the last report we have of the pack. If you'd like, we can-"

"No," I sternly interrupted. "Because of your false reports, Alpha Ace has taken my mate and plans to make her his in due time. I have no more time to wait on you Elders to do anything about it."

"Alpha Sol, if you would please-"

I slammed my fist on my desk in anger. "My mate has been missing for three fucking months, taken by a fucking lunatic, and yet you want me to wait until you arrive?! What had you guys have done to help me when I've sent multiple reports and requests for help? Nothing! No. I'm going to get her back even if it means I'm going to have to kill my way in."

"Alpha-!"

I stood up and grabbed the phone and threw it to the wall, breaking it to pieces. Beta and Gamma stood from their seats, ready for my order. "Alpha," they said in unison.

I breathed deeply and heavily. "Ready the men. Come tomorrow night, we're getting your Luna back. Have the scouts go back onto Black River territory and scout out their every move from each men and women they see wandering about. I need to know how many members they have, how many buildings, and which building specifically that my mate stays in along with the dungeon of which that she-wolf is being held in."

"I'll be part of that scout, Alpha. We'll be back as soon as possible," Gamma said with a nod of his head and left.

I clenched my hands as they cracked in the process. "Are we really going to kill all of them, Alpha?" Beta asked as I stared him down.

"Every single one of them, Beta."