Chapter 10: First touch

Brittany had never been touched by a man before, and I was ruining every bit of her beautiful skin as I kissed her. There was no freaking way I was having sex with her. With that vulnerable whimper escaping her lips, and those beautiful eyes sparkling at me, I knew I would end up falling for her like an idiot if I did, so I chose to be a gentleman.

The type of gentleman that steals your first kiss like a bastard and leaves sort of gentleman. Her nails dug into my back as I kissed her lightly on her stomach, and I wondered how screwed I would be if I had a family with a woman like this. A woman that trusted me.

Yeah right asshole, you're a criminal.

She didn't seem to be thinking about anything but the way she was feeling, because she invited me to ruin her whole life and go for it. I couldn't do it, I already felt like a jerk for stealing her first kiss, I wasn't going to leave with anything else.

I kept the sheets between us, as if a small layer of cloth would keep me from wanting her, and cut the playing around to give her something to remember.
Brittany was definitely not expecting anything at first, and she gasped in surprise when her legs parted. I lightly cradled her head gently with my fingertips, giving her some reassurance while she gripped the sheets, but I knew I shouldn't continue.

Pulling away, I met her eyes and noticed her face had been completely flushed. She was waiting for me to go for it, her hands reached towards me, but I didn't obey.

"Sorry Brittany, I can't continue," I told her kissing her head, and her fingertips touched my hips.

"I understand," She replied catching me by surprise, "It's all happening too fast, I feel it too."

Sure that's the reason.

"I wouldn't want to spoil this," I explained digging myself out of a hole, "Not without taking you on a date or something right?"

As if a guy like me will ever date.

She blushed again and I tried to control my lust for her. I've never rejected a woman like this before and I was almost free from my idiot instincts.

"I would love that," She agreed lifting herself up to kiss me, and I knew she had been successfully tricked.

If she didn't redress in that moment I would have been doomed to her seductive antics. She wasn't like anyone I had been with before and I couldn't mess it up.

Her light pink gown was even more tempting than her police uniform, and she wore it so loosely that I was almost positive I was going to lose my grip on reality. She strong armed me into a hug, and I quickly shut my eyes, refusing to let the sight of her pull me back in. I needed to get out of there as soon as she let her guard down.

Brittany fell asleep holding me to her as if she was afraid I would disappear if she didn't, and she couldn't be any more right. Sneaking out of her room was too easy, and I couldn't leave my little blondie alone without leaving a note. It wasn't sappy enough to make me puke, but it was enough to drive me away from it after I wrote the damn thing, and I didn't bother leaving my number.

With a fate like ours, there was no way we weren't going to meet again.