Chapter 25

I walked to school the next day by myself. I got to the school and saw Shownu with Miss. Jeon at the bleachers. As I approached them, Miss. Jeon came up to me.

"I need you and Shownu to buy stuff for the fundraiser tomorrow. Here is some money that should cover for the items."

She handed us a list and car keys. Shownu and I walked over to the parking lot. We got into a white car and drove to thd clpset store. During our ride, I got a text from Kihyun.

Kihyun: Where are you? [Recieved]
Me: Went shopping with Shownu for the fundraiser. Be back by 3rd period. [Sent]
Kihyun: Okay. [Recieved]

We arrived at the store and looked around. I was in charge of telling Shownu what to buy and he would look for it. After we finished we payed for the items with the money Miss. Jeon gave us. We walked out of the store and my stomach grumbled.

Shownu grabbed my arm and headed a different direction from the car. There was a food stand right outside the store. We ordered some tteokbokki[1] and fish cakes. Its been a while since I really had something to eat. Before I would just eaten something little like a banana. It felt good to actually have eaten again. As we were about to finish I grabbed my purse to get money but Shownu put my hand down. He got up from his seat and paid the ahjumma[2]. He motioned his head towards the car. I got up from my seat and followed him.

We got back by third period and I headed to class after grabbing my books. I opened the door quietly and came in from the back of the class. Mr. Soh acknowledged me and continued teaching. Kihyun saw me and pulled out my chair for me.

"Hey beautiful," he whispered.

"Hey," I said.

I grabbed my notes and copied down what Kihyun had. After class I went up to Mr. Soh to hand in my homework.

"Thank you Kim Min-Seo," he said taking my paper.

"You're welcome."

I walked out of class and headed up the roof. When I got there Shownu was there at my spot. I walked over to him and sat next to him on the bench.

"Oh hey," he said.

"Why didn't you come to Mr. Soh's class," I asked.

"Didn't feel like going," he answered.

"Okay. Are you alright."

"Yeah I'm fine. There's was probably nothing important in that class today anyways," he said.

"No just notes," I answered.

Kihyun came up to the roof with his tray of food. I stood up and walked up to the side of the house. I saw some people already setting up the stands for the fundraiser tomorrow. Shownu left a couple minutes later leaving me and Kihyun alone. I sat back down at the bench and was waiting for him to come over.

"Kwenchana," I asked.

"Anio," he answered.

"Why?"

"Do you like Shownu," he asked immediately. I was shocked and didn't answer right way.

"Do you," he kept asking. After I came to my senses, I remembered I had to answer his question.

"No I don't," I responded.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

I could see that Kihyun still didn't believe me. He decided to leave and go back downstairs. I waited for a couple minutes until I left the roof. I was about to go after Kihyun, but I went somewhere else. I went into the music room. Even though I never wanted to come back to this place, something was luring me in. I sat in front of the piano and tried playing something. While playing, I remembered Wonho teaching me how to play one of his songs.