Chapter 18

Min-Seo's POV

Today I got to go shopping with Ji-Yu for our dresses. It just so happened we got off school today too. Ji-Yu came over to my place to come pick me up. I woke up and went to get ready. After I got my clothes on, I went to the kitchen to get some fruits to eat. I had a banana and was ready to leave.

"Min-Seo, here's another hundred dollars just in case," my mom said.
"Gomawo," I said putting my shoes on. Just then Ji-Yu texted me.
"Okay, I'm leaving," I said to my parents.
"Alright, be safe Min-Seo."
"Neh," I answered as I closed the door behind me.

Ji-Yu drove to one of her favorite places to get her dresses. It actually was a good day to go shopping, because at the store they were having discounts and all. I looked around but nothing really seemed to catch my eye. But on the other hand Ji-Yu was grabbing multiple dresses to try on. I grabbed a couple of dresses until I came to a beautiful two piece, white with pink flowers on the bottom. This is the dress! I put all the other dresses I grabbed away and went to the dressing room.

"Min-seo ppalli[1]. Come out and look at my dress. This might be the one," Ji-Yu said.
I got my dress on and came out. We both turned to each other stunned.
"Min-Seo you look gorgeous. You look hot!"
"Gomawo, you too Ji-Yu. The dress looks amazing on you," I complemented. We went back into the dressing room to change and paid for our dresses. We were heading home when we heard both of our stomach growl. Ji-Yu changed directions and headed the opposite way from my house.

"This is my favorite place to eat," she said. I looked at the building and it looked fancy. We got in and the chef came to welcome us.
"Ji-Yu, how are you doing," a girl said.
"Annyeong unni[2]." Unnie?
She took us to our seats and took our orders.

"Unni?"
"Oh neh, she's my older sister Jung Jun Hee."

Our food came and we devoured the food in minutes.
"How was the food," Jun Hee asked.
"Very delicious," I commented.
"Oh kam sa ham nida. My name is Jun Hee by the way," she said with her hands out.
"I'm Kim Min-Seo," I said shaking her hands.
"Unni we have to go," Ji-Yu said.
"Oh neh, come back again," she said to me.
"I will."

Ji-Yu drove me home and I saw Wonho on my front doorsteps.
"Looks like your boyfriend wants you," she said pointing to him.
"Oh well I'll see you tomorrow," I said getting out of the car. Wonho stood up and waved to Ji-Yu.

"Hey," I said giving him a hug.
"Hey," he said weakly.
"You okay," I asked opening the door for us.
"Yeah just a little tired that's all. Didn't get enough sleep last night," he said.

We went inside and sat on my couch. I went to the kitchen and grabbed us some water bottles. I walked back to the living room and saw him peek in my bag. I ran over and slapped his hands.
"What!"
"No peeking," I said to him while handing his water to him.
"Gomawo and and why can't I," he said.
"It's a surprise," I said.
"Well then how am I going to know how to match."
"Pink and white," I said sitting down next to him. I laid in his arms while watching a movie about the book we picked out.

"So why did you come," I asked him.
"What...I can't come visit my girlfriend," he said sarcastically.
"Mianhae," I said.
"No I just came to visit and to finish our project."
"Okay."

We continued the movie then began writing our report. We looked through the book and after an hour and a half later, we finished our report. Then we finished up our social issue project for history.
"Let's go somewhere," Wonho said.
"I'm tired though," I whined.
"Fine we will just stay here for 30 minutes then we are going somewhere," he said.

We laid in my bed for the rest of the time we had. He pulled me in closer to him that I was up against his chest. I eventually fell asleep.

"Yah, Min-Seo il-eona[3]," I heard. I opened my eyes and saw Wonho standing at the side of my bed. I turned around and streched my arms. He grabbed my arms and pulled me up. He ran to the front door, while I grabbed my purse and phone.
"Hurry," he said motioning me to get out the house.
"Okay okay I'm coming," I said.

We walked to the bus stop and sat at the back as usual. The bus stop dropped us off close to the school. Wonho grabbed my hand and began walking fast.
"We're are we going," I said trying to keep up with him.
"Somewhere," he said.
We got to a mini market full of people. We shopped a little and bought some snacks to eat. We also played games and Wonho won me some teddy bears.

Every now and then Wonho would take pictures of me. We went to find a place to eat.
"This is my favorite place for fried mandu[4]," he said. He ordered a plate full of mandu and we began eating.

After we finished we went to where the ocean was. The mini market was off the coast of the ocean and had a great view.
"Hey sir can you take a picture of us," Wonho said to a stranger. Wonho held onto me and the guy counted down.
"3...2...1. Wow cute picture," he said.
"Kam sa ham nida," Wonho and I said bowing to him.

It was getting dark, but Wonho still didn't want to leave yet. We went to a set of swings and sat there looking towards the ocean.

Wonho's POV

It's hard to think that this day might be the only day I would be able to spend time with Min-Seo. I was trying my hardest not to think about leaving her in the next four days. I just don't know when I will tell Min-Seo, but I know it's going to be soon.

We got back on the bus that took us close to Min-Seo's house. I stopped Min-Seo as we reached her door
"Are you going to come in," she asked. I shook my head no.
"I should hold probably head home soon. I had fun today though. Did you," I asked.
"I had a lot of fun today," she responded.
I grabbed her arm and wanted to tell her but I just didn't have the guts to tell her yet.

I'll tell her tomorrow because then I can play my song.

I moved my hands up and down of her hands. She pulled me into a hug and held onto my tight. I didn't want to let her go either. We pulled away from each other and I kissed her knowing it would have been my last chance.

Friday at the end of the day

Min-Seo and I went to our lockers to grab our stuff. Before leaving, I dragged Min-Seo to the music room. Just seeing the piano made me want to cry.
"You want to hear the new song I made," I asked her.
"Yes! I can't wait to hear it. It's going to be amazing," she said.
"Please don't say that," I asked.
"Why not," she asked confused.
"Just listen to the lyrics carefully," I said.
"Okay."

I began playing the intro to my song. I had to stop and contain myself from crying.
"Sorry I messed up," I lied. I closed my eyes and continued playing.

" When your parents come home and they tell you you're leaving. They say pack your bags cause we're moving across the world. What am I supposed to do. I'm gonna leave the girl I love....Can someone help me...Can someone help me. Help me tell the girl that I love, that I'm leaving, yes I'm leaving. Can someone help me."

After I finished I looked at her. She was frozen and her eyes were teary.
"Min-Seo mianhae. I have no choice though. Min-Seo...Min-Seo..." Before I could explain anymore she ran out of the room.

[1] Hurry
[2] Older sister(females)
[3] Wake up
[4] Fried Dumpling