"Claire!" I screeched and playfully smacked her arm.

"Sorry. It's just I'd be hittin' that ever night." She laughed.

"Claire, can you please stop talking about my boyfriend like this?" I said, amused but also serious.

"Alright, alright." She put her hands up in defense.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah, for about a month." She told me.

"Did you get some yet?" I cracked up, mocking what she was asking about Marcel and I.

She burst out laughing with me.

Marcel came back with a plate of food for me and him and a look of amusement.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said as Claire and I's laughter died down.

"Okay." He chuckled, dimples showing.

Claire went into the kitchen to get some food. Marcel and I sat down at the table and started eating.

"So what do you think of my family?" I asked him.

"They are n-nice and funny." He replied. His pupils widened as I looked into his captivating eyes.

*****

My family left after we all said our goodbyes. I had a great time tonight. It was really fun. Marcel sat down on my bed while I packed my overnight bag for his house. My dad went to bed after everyone left. My mom was cleaning up downstairs.

What would I say? I can't lie and say I'm staying over a friend's house. It will look to suspicious. Should I tell her the truth? Ugh, I have to.

"Stay up here, I need to get something." I hold Marcel. He nodded.

I walked downstairs, practicing in my head what I'd say to my mom.

"Mom?" I called.

"Yeah, honey." She replied from the kitchen.

I took a deep breath and walked in.

"I'm staying over Marcel's tonight." I said quietly.

"Alright." She smiled.

"I've also been lying when I said I was staying over a friends'. I was really over his." I admitted.

"Alyssa, do you think I was born yesterday? I figured you'd be staying over his house. I trusted you to make the right decisions though so it's fine. I also think Marcel is a nice boy. I don't like that you've been lying, you can tell me anything." She told me.

"I know, I'm sorry." I said.

"Just use um, protection." She shifted uncomfortably.

"Mom!" I said, I didn't really want to talk about this.

"Okay, okay. Have fun." She laughed.

I went back up to my room to see Marcel walking around my room, looking at my little knick-knacks.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked and he jumped. I must've startled him.

"Y-yeah." He blushed as he took my hand. Goose bumps formed on my arm from his touch. 

We walked outside. Marcel didn't take his car here so we just walked to his house. It'll only take a minute anyway. It was a nice night too. The stars were brightly twinkling along with Marcel's eyes. I love how they glow.

We approached his house and I gulped. I hope this turns out good. Now, I'm worrying. I never usually worry. I just love him so much.

He pulled his keys out of his pocket and opened the door. His house was always tidy and had a comforting feel to it.

It will be perfect, Alyssa. Stop worrying. What's wrong with me?

Marcel seemed to notice. He took my hand  and held it tight.

"What's wrong, b-baby?" He said, eyes full of worry.

"I d-don't know." I shakily replied.

Then it hit me. I've had really bad experiences with sex. Mike used me, he took my virginity then broke up with me. I don't want Marcel to have a bad experience and I'm scared to be hurt. I've built up this wall after what happened with Mike.

"Alyssa, I will never hurt you." He whispered seriously, reading my mind. I relaxed a lot.

"I...I want it to be g-good for you. I've had a bad experience in the past." His features softened as I recalled the bad memory.

"Don't worry about m-me. I'm lucky I get to experience this with the most amazing person in the world that I'm deeply in love with." He told me. His words made me melt.

"Okay. I love you so much." He took my hand and we walked up the stairs.