Chapter 32 - Broken, numb and lost

Start from the beginning

"Liam?" I shake him by his shoulder.

He doesn't make any movement, but Sophia starts crying. I commence breathing fast and somewhat feel anger towards them for keeping me waiting.

"Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?" I raise my voice a tad.

Finally, Liam breaks his static posture and looks at me. My jaw drops when I see that he's crying as well.

"What?" I almost shout now.

He keeps looking at me, eyes carrying a devastated look. He doesn't say anything, but only shakes his head and looks down again.

My heart that is beating like a speeding train now feels heavy inside my throat. I don't wait around there anymore and quickly turn on my heels, rushing towards Niall's room.

He still sleeps in the exact same position that I left him 25 minutes before. I don't know how to react at the sight because he still appears the same peaceful as I saw him a few minutes earlier.

Regardless I stroll towards him and slowly climb up on the bed.

"N...Niall?" I keep a hand on his shoulder.

He doesn't response.

I swallow. "Niall?" I shake him slightly.

He still doesn't response.

I swallow harder as my heart beats faster than normal. I grab a good amount of his T-shirt within my hand and shake him harder.

"Niall?" my voice is a bit louder too.

He doesn't even move an inch. I'm get extremely confused. I think that he must be in a trance due to the heavy medication. So, I don't give up but shake him again.

"Niall?" I say. My throat feels dry now.

Liam and Sophia come towards the door and stands at the edge of it. Both of them cry and shake their heads. I look at them and feel a painful slap across my face.

My eyes widen and lips part as I return my eyes on my boyfriend.

"Hey, Niall?" I say. "Can you hear me, baby?"

The situation of my heart right now is indescribable. I feel shivering inside my body and intense pain rises in every part of it. I lick my lips and keep shaking Niall.

"You don't want me to go to office today?" I laugh. "You could've told me that, asshole. I'll be here with you the whole time. Now, c'mon wake up."

The slow, subtle shakes transform to massive jerks in the next few minutes. Liam and Sophia come running to me, grabbing my hands tightly.

"Nadia, sweetie.... He won't wake up," Sophia cries, her arms lie around me.

I don't understand why she is talking crazy. So, I don't even pay any heed to her and keep jerking Niall.

"Niall? Niall? Niall? Niall?" I keep repeating.

"Nadia," Liam pulls me away from my boyfriend and embraces me in his arms firmly.

I don't wrap my arms around Liam's body though. I don't know why I should anyway. He pulls away soon and touches my chin by his thumb, so I'm looking at him.

"He is gone, honey," he says in his broken tone. "He won't wake up," he swallows. "He's dead."

Devastated! That's what I feel when I hear the word 'dead' from Liam's mouth. I feel like being run over by a train and holding on to life by a thin string of thread. My heart literally begs to come out of the throat and its annoying that I can't pluck it out of misery. My heart rates pace up and slow down again and again. Strangely, my abdominal region also aches and my head feels extremely dizzy.