16

Izuna's POV

What a way to kick off on my third day of school... A math test.

Equations, equations, equations. I HATE them. Makes my brain wanna die.

When the test was done, I headed off to Duel Period with Tyler. We talked about different clubs that I could join.

"Soccer?" Tyler asked when I said I wanted to join the team.

"Yeah. I've played at my old school and I liked it a lot. I want to join, again,"I said.

"Fine with me, but you'll have to talk to the coach and captain of the team."

"That won't be a problem." Suddenly, I bumped into a group of girls from the higher grade. They all glared at me, looking towards their fallen school supplies on the ground.

Though I wanted to glare right back at them, I politely and apologetically said, "I'm so sorry about that. I'll pick up your things." I bent down, starting to gather everything up.

"Uh...hey. You don't have to...,"one of them said.

I looked up at the girl who spoke to me. She seemed a bit guilty about making me pick up their things, but I told her I didn't mind. I picked up all their stuff, then reached for the last item, a Duel Disk.

"That's mine," the girl I just talked to said. I handed her the disk then walked off with Tyler.

"You know..." he began, hesitating to speak.

"What?"

"You... looked like you really wanted to hurt them."

His words caught me off guard, but I showed no reaction, "They didn't do anything to me, so I have no reason to do anything to them."

"But what you said yesterday!" he blurted.

"Well I had to do something to get Megan off my case," I shrugged, hoping Tyler would stop talking about the topic. He did so, making me feel relieved.

Tyler's a good guy. I wouldn't want him to know.

Nobody deserves to know.

Yuma's POV

"YUMA!!!" I turned around and saw Rei running towards me.

"Hey, Rei," I greeted my friend.

"Yuma, why are a bunch of boys, looking like they've been shot by Cupid?" Rei asked.

"Oh a new girl came to this school. She lives in my neighborhood. Her name's Izuna," I told him.

"Wow, she must be pretty if so many guys are in love with her! I can't wait to meet her!"

"Yuma, it's not a good idea to have a close friendship with Izuna. I told you that before and your friends shouldn't get involved," Astral said. "You were there when she told Megan that she wasn't a good person. You should understand that Izuna isn't someone one should be close to."

I ignored him, not wanting to hear more. I am betting on what izuna said yesterday to just be something to get Megan to go away.

"Hey, Yuma!" I saw Izuna with Tyler, heading our way. I waved towards them, beckoning them to join me and Rei.

"Yuma, Rei, what's up?" Bronk, Tori, Flip, Caswell, and Cat came from the other direction.

Izuna asked who Rei was.

"Wow! You really are pretty! My name's Rei Shingetsu! I've been absent for a few days, but I can't believe I missed out on so much." Rei shook hands with Izuna, who seemed startled. "You must be Izuna, right?"

Izuna slowly nodded, before all of sudden, losing her footing and almost falling to the ground. A painful look showed on her face.

But Rei didn't seem to notice. "Hey, how about we duel?" he asked.

Izuna's POV

I shook my head. "I forgot my deck, again, sorry," I lied. "Besides, I'm going to the library."

"You're kidding, right," Tara, who appeared from nowhere, started to shake her head at me.

"No, I'm not," I left and made my way to the library. Since my head was hurting, as if it had been struck by lightning, I couldn't walk straight and bumped into the wall a bunch of times.

Once I entered the quiet zone, I took a seat at a computer.

There was something that I needed to do. And I needed to come here in order to do it. If I can't, no one can.

Because Saira was gone.

She wasn't here to help me anymore. I hate her for that. Why did she leave me behind...

Why...