01

school.
this wasn't where she wanted to be.
well, it wasn't where most people wanted to be.

but for soojeong, it was different.
completely different.

the words that the teacher spoke at the front of the class were muffled by the sound of the obnoxiously loud clock. you didn't even have to look around the classroom to know that everyone was impatiently watching it.

second by second.
tick by tock.

not even park soojeong was paying attention to the history class the 16, going on 17, year olds were being made to sit and listen to. she wasn't having the best of days–well, she hadn't really had a great day in a long time.

it was just the memory.

the memory that wouldn't disappear from her mind. it just drifted there–and it wasn't exactly a nice memory either.

soojeong carved squiggly, unorganised lines into the hard wooden desk with her newly sharpened pencil; writing words she feared to say out loud which she then scribbled out harshly.
and then
it broke.

she sighed–not too loudly, just enough so that she herself could hear it.
but she didn't have another pencil.

she decided she would just sit there, in silence–as per usual. looking around the classroom, her eyes landed on someone in particular.

they immediately darted away from that person before she rested her warm, soft face on her delicate hand.

ring.

she was always the first one out of the classroom, avoiding any interaction with those attending the same school as she.

however, she did have a reason.

speeding through the corridors of the hectic, packed school, she thought about it–

shove.

soojeong landed on the marble floor, hands first.
her hands.
she looked down at them−red.

a chuckle erupted from behind her; the only chuckle that was heard, in fact.
this was shortly followed by a clap.

"sorry, my bad." the voice said in an unapologetic tone.

soojeong turned her head to see
park jimin.
he was trying hard not to laugh any more, but it wasn't working.
she shot a glare at him before shakily standing up and walking away.
thank god no one saw.

"who was that?"
"i think that's...park soojeong. i've never heard her say a word."
the other hummed in response.

ring.

final period came to a finish.

park jimin was there again, standing outside the classroom door with crossed arms and a smug look on his face. once he caught a glimpse of soojeong as she came out of the classroom, he looked away. he began to walk alongside the school's most popular and loved student–
jeon jungkook.

soojeong didn't have time to notice as she walked up the stairs nonchalantly, behind the "popular" and "pretty" girls of the school. they mingled with each other in their squeaks–otherwise known as voices.

"all these girls wear short skirts...
it makes you wonder-"

"jimin, no." jungkook interrupted his friend's predictable comment, laughing slightly.

"aw you're no-" jimin interrupted himself this time. standing at the bottom of the stairs, he saw a-

"a long skirt, hm?" he grinned devilishly as he reached his hand further towards the figure with the attire he had suddenly become infatuated with. softly, the tips of his fingers gripped the edge of the grey material.
and then,