"By now, after knowing me so well since so long, Oliver," Elli spoke calmly. "I thought that you were quite aware of my - never going to take a shit from anyone - nature. But apparently that isn't case here, is it?"

Oliver seemed a little awkward, he was looking down at her a little uneasily as he took a moment to think and then shrugged at her statement.

Elli continued, "When someone throws shit at me, especially when I don't deserve one, what I do is throw that shit right back at their face, doubling the force. Got it?"

Tipping his pupils upward, Oliver appeared to be deep in thought, and at the end of that humongous silent investigation of her statement in his mind, he looked down at Elli again. His reply yet again, a mere and uneasy shrug that could mean just anything.

And then, Elli let her hands drop down from the silkyness of his clothing, she stepped back from his warmth reluctantly. Then bringing a foot up, she brought it down and dug her four inch heel brutally in where under the leather of his shoe she knew his big toe rested in peace. And that is why, Elli was a lover of high heels, not everyone was aware of this common yet deadly feminine ordnance.

She watched with a pleased smile as Oliver brought his hurt foot's knee up a little and jump a few times ungracefully, his face contorted in pain and rage. Good.

"You're sick!" He growled.

Soon, the now injured man who Elli didn't know if she should shower love or hate upon limped away scowling.

Only after Oliver was out of sight was when Elli realized that a small crowd had formed around. The past ten minutes of mini war were not that subtle it seemed.

"The show here is over people, you can go back to dancing now," Elli sighed. "Not everyone, after all, gets to spend some uncomplicated romantic moments with romantically wise partners."

Nevertheless, when Elli moved away leaving behind the people now busy going back to partying again, she felt her spirit slowly spiraling down the abyss.  

------------------------------------------------------

It's arduous, the feeling of being stuck somewhere without anyone really holding us back.

Elli moved around the hall, among guests and friends, conversing and smiling, chirping and most importantly attempting to enjoy. For Emma's sake, for the party's sake that she had worked so hard to make it a memorable event in her best friend's life.

The little nonsensical fight she had with Oliver following that sudden end of the dance had gotten her feel dejected, especially when just moments ago she was soaking up greedily the warmth of his rare embrace. She didn't know what had happened to Oliver all of the sudden but it was not incomprehensible that he had pushed her away in a state of desperateness. And making up a very silly excuse, just Oliver's style.

Elli scoffed, her eyes narrowing as she strolled away after greeting and passing pleasantries to another guest.

Oliver was a puzzling man.

She refrained herself, at least her eyes if not her heart, from seeking for that damned man who would dug grounds out of clouds to initiate debates with her that usually ended up in blood sheds.

And to think that she was just some few feet away from professing her love for him...

If those plastic dolls hadn't have interrupted causing the uproar of anger and sadness to bite at her heart, then her feelings would have been bared raw before him by now.