Cheating Game (chapter 3)

October 17 - 21, 2005:

I skipped wayyy too much diary entries but who wouldn't if your tutors gave you lods of work? And when I say loads, I meant you're-not-supposed-to-have-a-break loads. Anyways, to sum up what you've missed for the last couple of weeks, me and Vicky got close. I'm beginning to actually like her. I've never had any girlfriends before but I can say that she has the potential to fill that spot for me (is it too early to say that or what?). And.. Do you still remember the thing about us signing up for clubs? It turned out that she also signed up for Words for Words club. Just my luck, I believe. That club is also one of the reasons why I've been so busy lately - we always have a practice every Wednesdays and Fridays for this upcoming School Day on December. Alright, back to this week.

Monday: We had Design Technology today! My most favourite subject (I used to say Maths was my favourite but the way things turned out with the teacher - meh). I know how to draw, but then I'm not really good at it, but this girl in our class.. Well, she's better than all of us, and boy she can draw without our teacher's help. Her name's Gemma. She's cute - short dark brown hair, fair complection, dimples on both cheeks, bluish gray eyes, and a a massive forehead (quite a turn off really). Like almost everyone in out class, she's new. I included her in my diary entry just because her drawings really amazed me. I don't like her for sure so don't get me wrong.

Weird as it may sound, most of my boy pals weren't around for lunch, they had some sort of detention with Mr. Hastings so they didn't turn up on our usual spot in the canteen. So I had no choice but sit with Vicky, I was happy though because her friends went to find another table and gave us 'alone' time. She looked sad but she didn't wanna talk about it and would tell me when she finds out. Hmm.. Not very helpful, is it? But I tried my best to keep her company for the rest of the day.

Tuesday: I couldn't help but think about Vicky's problem. Come on, we've gotten this close, why hold back? She practically tells me everything. I was really bothered by my thoughts that I didn't even realise that we had a visitor in our Geography class earlier today. Not a guest teacher or anything, just a plain kid on the same year as I am and she asked permission from the teacher if she could speak to Vicky. I don't know the whole story behind it, as I said, I was burried with my thoughts. But I've heard she's Vicky's twin. And I've heard from my friend that they don't look alike. If you've ever heard of twins who look so different, they are one of them - and Vicky got the most blessing, no offence to her sister. 

Wednesday: Boring lessons to sum up the day but I will tell what happened in our Words for Words practice. For the first half an hour of our practice, Charlotte(Vicky's friend) and the others kept on staring at me while whispering stuffs. I got a little pissed so I stormed off the room. Little did I know that Vicky followed and told me the whole story.

Basically, her family is running out of money and her aunt offered them her help. They could actually manage but her mum is just worried that she may not be able to support Vicky's and her sister's education if they stay with them so they had to go and live with their aunt in Birmingham if they still want to continue studying. Vicky started to cry and say that she would miss me and all the people she'd been good friends with if she transfers. She told me that because of her and her sister's plea, their mum agreed to let them finish year 7, but to think of it, they only have a few months left. I have to do something. 

Thursday: For the first time since the school started, Mr. Sullivan didn't annoy me and Vicky, he probably had his man-period or something but I missed the feeling of being a normal student in his class. Me and Vicky still talked but she seemed so sad that our conversations were filled with long pauses and sad smiles. 

When I got home, I talked to my best friend Casey, we've been in the same class for 9 years (beat that), aside from that, our houses are also a street apart so she pretty much knows everything about me. And her advice? Ask her out, and make every second count. 

Friday: Nothing interesting happened in class so I'll skip to the practice part which I will call "THE DAY". Vicky had a little asthma attack earlier on so Carl (our leader) let us have a half an hour break and told me to go with her to the infirmary. After the nurse gave her some inhaler, I sat next to her and held her hand. I could feel her trembling as I wrapped my hands around her. She made herself comfortable by tilting her head onto my shoulder. This was how our conversation actually went:

Me: Hey, I need to tell you something.

Her: What.. Right now?

Me: Yeah. If you don't mind.

Her: Can't it wait?

Me: I don't think so.

Her: What's the point of asking me then (laughs)

Me: I know it's the wrong situation but.. I just wanna say that I like you.

Her: ... (lifts her head from my shoulder and looked at me)

Me: Will you be my girlfriend, Vicky?

Her: (Teary eyed) I like you too Ty! And Yes.. I would like to be your girlfriend!

That day ended up with us being sweet as ever, I even dropped her to her house. I wonder what everyone's reaction will be when they find out? :)

Anyways, I got well excited writing the Friday part so the other days seemed short. HAHA!

-Tylor :D