Cheating game (chapter 7)

28 November 2009 - 29 November 2009

Saturday:

I usually don't write on my diary during weekends but there are so many things that happened today that I really wanted to write! First off, I know I have been talking to Elle this week a lot. And when I say a lot, it means almost 24/7 kind of thing. Good because I have unlimited texts on my phone which I haven't used in such a long time, I only text my family (my mum mostly - I'd say 3 times max per week). 

Somehow, after speaking to her for 2 full days, I found myself attracted to her. I stalked her on facebook - we added each other yesterday morning. I saw some of her pics from her younger days, her statuses, her family, and most of all her pictures with Sophie. They have known each other since primary school and it is very obvious that Sophie adores her so much, and I can understand her. 

Sunday:

I know it's probably weird to not run out of things to talk about, and I know it's unbelievable when I say I speak to Elle almost 24/7. What do we talk about? I would say good morning and she would say the same thing and asks me what I am doing as we speak. I'd say I am having breakfast, for example, and I would ask her what about her. It's kind of exchanging questions and it's very entertaining because she keeps the ball rolling. Today was very interesting because we played this 30 questions game - we ask each other 30 questions each but no one should repeat what has already been asked. 

We started off just asking basic questions like "What's your favourite food" or "What is your favourite colour". Both of us of course realised that we would be spoiling the main purpose of the game if we asked basic stuff. Things started to get real when she asked me about Sophie and what I liked about her. I, of course went on ahead and told her how Sophie was there when I needed someone to speak to, so on and so on. I've always wondered who's inside our Miss Popular's head so I asked her if she ever loved someone. She didn't reply for a good 10 minutes which is why I sent her another text asking if I have said something wrong. She responded saying there has only been one guy in her heart since primary school, our school's goal keeper, James Stockdale.

I didn't realise at first that they were like Casey and I who grew up together. Well, in a very different way though. They went to the same pre-school, they went to the same primary school, and now they are in the same high school. What's the difference? They aren't really close. The reason? You see, during pre-school, James was very fond of Elle. She is basically his first love. This young love carried on until primary school - until year 3 to be exact. Elle only found out about this when they started year 4 because James' friends (who transferred to their school that year) were too excited to finally meet her and told her "James has been stalking you since pre-school you know! He really likes you." As a normal kid, he denied these things and decided to stay away from Elle. Not sure if all girls are like this, but Elle told me she developed an attraction to James after knowing he fancied her all these years. Too bad though because James apprently has "moved on". They became best friends during years 5 and 6 because they were sat next to each other during form time. 

Okay.. To cut the story short, Elle has loved James all these years - but he doesn't know. Typical I-love-my-best-friend-but-i-don't-wanna-ruin-the-friendship story. James is happily in a relationship right now and Elle and his' friendship was never the same since year 6 ended. I asked her so many times why can't she just tell him? She said that he never looked at her that way. She has always been treated by him as an older sister (not literally, it's because Elle was the tallest during primary school. Girls are always taller than boys during this stage). She said he wouldn't believe him and she could practically hear his laugh while saying "are hou serious? You like me? I liked you before but now? No no."

See? So many things happened. If I am James, surely I would still feel attracted towards her somehow. Come on, she wouldn't be our school's beauty queen for nothing. I miss Sophie..

-Ty