Seventy-Five || Mexi-noh, Dos

Start from the beginning

A roar echoed on the other end of the line, cutting off Allison at first.

"J, you there? We could use your help," Allison stressed as she sat in the front of the prison van with Braeden. "Do you know any mantras?"

Jacy could barely hear, Stiles and Derek trying to restrain Liam. Her eyes were still purple, giving a glare off the window. "Mantras? Did beta, alpha, omega not work for him?"

"No, and he asked for you. Do you have anything?" Allison asked quickly.

Jacy hesitated, suddenly clicking. "Put me on speaker." She closed her eyes, waiting until the sound reception change and she could hear Liam struggle more clearly. "Liam, Liam listen to me. Liam."

There was a gnash of teeth, but still Liam quieted sufficiently.

"What three things cannot be long hidden?" Jacy asked.

In response, Liam only growled with uncontrollable rage clashing with his I.E.D.

"Liam, listen!" Stiles shouted within the van.

"What three things cannot long be hidden?" Jacy loudly asked. "Liam, what three things?"

Liam panted against his anger, "The sun...moon, truth."

"That's it," Jacy agreed. "Say it again."

"Sun," Liam strained, calming ever so slowly, "the moon...the truth."

Braeden's voice came across, the driver worried about the cargo. "Derek?"

"We're okay," Derek replied.

"Liam, again," Jacy told the beta through the phone. Her eyes remained closed, unaware of the impressed look on Peter's face.

"Sun...moon," Liam inhaled, "and the truth."

Jacy opened her eyes, the glow gone and the brown back as it should.

"Thank you," Allison said almost breathlessly. She'd pulled it off of speaker, it only the two of them. "Just in time, too."

Jacy lowered the phone from her ear, the Toyota pulling up in front of La Iglesia. "I can't say I'm happy to be back," she admitted as she ended the call with Allison.

Peter lifted his eyebrows, looking over to her as he parked the car. "Are we really not going to talk about what just happened?"

"No we're not," Jacy quickly replied before climbing out of the Toyota. She walked towards the van, picking up Liam's voice.

"For a minute there I thought I was gonna tear the two of you apart."

Jacy pulled the back of the van open, "That would've made for an awkward ride home."

Derek looked to the beta, "Do you think you can bring the same level of control and strength inside La Iglesia?"

In reply, Liam shot out his hands with claws present.

A grin hit Jacy, "Well come on boys, we've got some rescuing to do."

Jacy's shoulder was suddenly grabbed, a growling body pulling her up off the ground.

"Shit," Jacy muttered as she was thrown backwards. She scrambled to get up, swinging a leg out and knocking down the bone warrior.

The berserker growled, grabbing Jacy by the leg and whipping her around.

Derek jumped out of the van, his instincts kicking in despite the lack of his power.

As Derek raised an arm, the berserker was ahead of the game. Lifting the newly-human Derek by his chest, it flung him down against a flat rock.

Jacy's vision blurred, having hit the side of the Church and slammed her head on the ground. She pulled herself up onto her knees, able to see the outline of a talon raised high above the pinned down Hale.

Allison jumped out of the van, going down to Jacy's level. "J, oh my g-"

Gun shots rang out, Braeden pumping off rounds into the berserker's armor.

However, Jacy smelt blood.

As the berserker ran off, Derek rolled off the flat rock onto the ground.

Allison helped Jacy up, the clairvoyant not even slightly worried about herself as every one started to crowd Derek.

Braeden was crouched right in front of him, everyone else dead silent.

But blood was already on his lips and he was shaking.

Peter lingered closely, "How bad is it?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Derek quickly said. "Just get to Scott." Derek made eye contact with Stiles, "Just find him. We'll be right behind you."

Stiles watched Derek with big eyes, still unmoving.

"Go." Derek breathed heavily, "Go!"

Peter was the first, backing up before running into La Iglesia.

Jacy swallowed harshly, helping Allison pull her crossbow from a secret board in the van's floor. She put a hand on Liam's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze of assurance.

"Hey," Derek caught Stiles' attention, "hey; save him."

Stiles stared wildly, only backing up when Jacy touched his arm.

Jacy, Allison and Liam headed into the Church, but Stiles took one more horrified look back at Derek.

He couldn't help but think that was the last time he'd see Derek again.

Alive, at least.

- This, my smol children, is the second to last chapter in this book, meaning my next update will be the end of it all (and then an epilogue). If you made it through this many frickin chapters you deserve a medal for putting up with me for so long xxxx -Mel