Seventy-Five || Mexi-noh, Dos

Start from the beginning

Kira could barely catch her breath, heaving in pain.

Still, her mother's voice came again.

"It's not measure of your strength."

Kira was choked up, shaking her head. "But I'm not strong. I...I need to get up. I need to tell them..."

A figment of Noshiko Yukimura stood in the light, merely a hallucination of Kira's blood loss.

"How do you know you can't?" asked Noshiko.

"Because I'm not healing," Kira whimpered. She inhaled, damp with blood and dirt. "You told me why I never get sick. And you said I'd learn to heal."

"Then learn," Noshiko softly said.

Kira could barely breath as a tear ran down her cheek, "I can't. I don't know how, how to start, or what to do."

"I told you that foxes and wolves tend to not get along. But they are similar creature, aren't they?" asked Noshiko. "You've seen wolves heal. How do they do it?"

Kira blinked heavily, starting to fall out of consciousness.

"Kira," Noshiko said loudly to keep her daughter awake, "how do they trigger it?"

She struggled to breathe, shaking. "Pain. With pain."

The figmented fox smiled sadly, disappearing from sight.

Kira's breath quaked, slowly looking around. She needed something to cause her own pain. A hand slammed against the obsidian sheet of rock, Kira forming it into a fist. She hit the wall with the most force she could muster until it started to break. She yelled in pain as she did it one last time, a sharp piece of rock falling next to her.

The fox clutched the jagged rock, groaning in pain as the skin broke.

Heal

     Heal

          Heal

Kira released, her eyes flaming orange.

||

The Toyota remained quiet, far enough away from the prison van to be unaware of Liam's violent shifting.

Peter glanced over to Jacy, sensing her pain. "Trying to stay in control?"

Jacy kept her eyes closed, wincing before speaking. "Just trying to stay human."

Peter sighed, "Jacy dear, that's exactly your problem. Scott has you thinking that control and humanity are the same for us. Now, let me give you some advice - if not fatherly, seeing as yours did nothing for you. If you're going to face something as animal as a berserker and try to win, you need to focus on the animal inside you. You'll need every ounce of ferocity and savagery you can muster. You'll need it all."

Jacy opened her eyes, purple glowing brighter than her other shifts. She breathed heavily, remaining still as her chest heaved.

Peter's eyebrows lifted, looking between Jacy and the nearing town ahead. "Should I be worried?"

"Only if you don't shut up," Jacy growled lowly, unaware of his growing curiosity. She breathed in and out, hoping to stop it.

"I thought you didn't have trouble with control," Peter said despite his warning. "Loup Fantome perks, or something?"

"Yeah, I thought so," she voiced with pain in her tone. "This is new for me." Jacy winced as her phone rang, answering the call from Allison. "Al, is -"