Chapter 8

Nalas POV

"Nala its time to get up. You have an appointment today." yelled grams from down the hall

Today is the day that we find out the genders of these little guys and i cant help but feel a little nervous and excited about doing so. Throwing the blankets off me i try getting into a sitting postion with little success, what with something the size of a basketball in place of were my stomach used to be. I end up falling back on the bed when i notice my pops standing in the middle of the doorway with an amused look on his face.

"Your grams went through the same thing when she was pregnant."  he said as he helped me stand.

I give a dry laugh as I make my way to the bathroom clothes in hand to begin my daily rountine. It takes me about thirty minutes to finish getting ready not bothering to fix my hair and just throw it into a ponytail on my way out the door. By the time we get to the doctors my name is being called. The nurse leads me back to the room after she finishes taking down my weight and other information congratulating me on the weight gain which causes me to blush at the approval. Its not long before my doctor comes in.

"Alrighty, ms nala lets get you on this table so we can find out what were having today shall we?!" she exclaimed as she got the machine ready.

I smiled at her enthusiasm as I unbuttoned my shirt and took the flap that covered my basketball sized stomach down. She holds the bottle of clear gel over my stomach shaking it in warning to let me know to brace myself for impact. She squirts some on my stomach, grabs the monitor and begins searching for there gender. She turns the sound of the machine on so we can hear there heartbeats which are incredibly loud and fast but the doctor says thats normal considering my situation and what they could possibly be mixed with. It takes a moment befor she finds what shes looking for and in doing so she grins.

"Look right here nala do you see whats inbetween the legs of baby A?! She says as she gesrures towards the screen.

'One of thems a boy i believe.' i said softly

"That is correct now lets see if we can see baby B now shall we." she said moving the wand further down my stomach.

I nodded my head as a smile made its way across my face.

"Now if this one would turn over then we c-." she paused

"Aah here we go right here right there. Now tell me what you see." she said

I stared at the screen for a while before it finally clicked that there was nothing inbetween the legs. I hear the squeal of my grams as she sees to what is missing and the laugh of my pops at our reactions.

'Its a girl' i said my grin getting wider

'Grams its a girl, can you believe it.' i said as the doctor prints out three pictures.

I take the napkin that my pops gave me and wipe off the gel in order to fix my clothes. We thank her as we walk out to the reception area. After making my next appointment we head out, my grands going there seperate ways while i make my way to the school. As i turn into the parking lot i cant shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

"You guys feel the same way to dont you, well lets hope its not to bad." i murmured grabbing my bag.

I head inside to the main office to grab my slip. After doing so i head out and straight to my next class which is english. Excited to see adrian so i could tell him the news. I walk into the class handing the teacher the slip before i begin to make my way to the seat next to adrian when i see that its taken by the one person i had hoped to never see again. There he sat smiling such a vicious smirk as i slowly made my way to the seat behind some random girl in order to keep my distance as i tried to catch my breath. Taking out the papers i had i zoned my focus on grading those instead of the consuming fear of the man not even five feet away from me. How had he found me. Was the last thing i thought as i heard the bell ring signaling the end of class. I take a deep breath as i put my things away dreading the inevitable. I knew sooner or later he would find me i was personally hoping for the latter of the two but i guess fate has a different plan. Lets just hope it doesnt get me killed.